40 Gallon Breeder Baffle Kit For Filter Roller (No Socks)

Fam5dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am planning on upgrading to a 125. I like tinkering so I am going to build my own sump out of a 40 gallon breeder. I do not want to run socks and am planning on the new Red Sea Reef Mat. I want the roller and skimmer in the first chamber. I like the Fiji Cube kit but don't want the socks. Does anyone know if the first plate is attached to the sock plate? I suppose I could take it out completely but just wondering so I fully understand before buying. I hate having regrets later after I learn or understand more! LOL.

Capture.PNG

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefMat either hangs on the side of the glass or has legs so you can position it anywhere in the sump. All you need to successfully install it is to be able to connect the primary overflow pipe to the ReefMat.

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am planning on upgrading to a 125. I like tinkering so I am going to build my own sump out of a 40 gallon breeder. I do not want to run socks and am planning on the new Red Sea Reef Mat. I want the roller and skimmer in the first chamber. I like the Fiji Cube kit but don't want the socks. Does anyone know if the first plate is attached to the sock plate? I suppose I could take it out completely but just wondering so I fully understand before buying. I hate having regrets later after I learn or understand more! LOL.

Capture.PNG
did you ever get an answer to your question? i have the same question and can't seem to find an answer! thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back