40 gallon cube and 6 gallon cube

BrandonB19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Location
california
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon cube set up i want to have softies and lps in and i currently have 2 kessil a80 tuna blues over it. Im setting up a new 6 gallon cube to keep some softies and bubble tip anemones, i need some help deciding what is my best option, should i buy a new light for the 6g or transfer one of the a80’s to the small tank and get a higher power light for my cube? My budget is about 150, Any recommendations on lighting for either one? I have been looking at the pop bloom rl60 for the 6gal or if i move one of my a80’s over an rl90 for the 40gal. Just looking for advice as im pretty new to reef keeping.
 
If the A80s are working over the 40, I wouldn't mess with anything.

For the 6 gallon, you could do a Reef Breeders Pico or a Noopsyche Mini. They're both within your budget.

I have a Reef Breeders Meridian Edge over my 8 gallon and it's good. I've got a Pico over my 6 gallon work tank (freshwater) and it grows plants good. I've got an AI Blade over my 15, but they are 12" for the small ones so it might be a little large for your tank.
 
If the A80s are working over the 40, I wouldn't mess with anything.

For the 6 gallon, you could do a Reef Breeders Pico or a Noopsyche Mini. They're both within your budget.

I have a Reef Breeders Meridian Edge over my 8 gallon and it's good. I've got a Pico over my 6 gallon work tank (freshwater) and it grows plants good. I've got an AI Blade over my 15, but they are 12" for the small ones so it might be a little large for your tank.
Thank you, the a80’s are “working” but i dont have much corals in their yet just some zoas and gsp at the moment
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new