400 gallon aquarium

Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Upvote 0
I'm working on building a 400 gallon saltwater aquarium. I was wondering what thickness the glass should be? Plus any tips would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Well, what are your intended dimensions of the tank?

Taller tanks will have way more pressure at the bottom then a shallow tank. So the height of the tank will be one of the factors to consider when selecting glass thickness.
 
Upvote 0
Hi, welcome to the reef... :)
@Joe Glass Cages ,would be happy to help ,
what dimension's ?
 
Upvote 0
Well, what are your intended dimensions of the tank?

Taller tanks will have way more pressure at the bottom then a shallow tank. So the height of the tank will be one of the factors to consider when selecting glass thickness.
Was going with 8 feet long by 3 feet wide by 2.5 feet tall. Then after I built the take I was going to build an enclosure around it.
 
Upvote 0
Hi, welcome to the reef... :)
@Joe Glass Cages ,would be happy to help ,
what dimension's ?
8 feet long 3 feet wide 2.5 feet tall. I was thinking. If it would be better to lower the height and make it longer, I could do that too.
 
Upvote 0
Well, what are your intended dimensions of the tank?

Taller tanks will have way more pressure at the bottom then a shallow tank. So the height of the tank will be one of the factors to consider when selecting glass thickness.
Okay for height I was thing 2.5 feet tall.
 
Upvote 0
8 feet long 3 feet wide 2.5 feet tall. I was thinking. If it would be better to lower the height and make it longer, I could do that too.
Talk to Joe , even if not buying, he will still send you down the right road... :)
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new