400 gallon plywood aquarium. 600+ gallon system

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this build. Impressive. Like your industry, skill and passion. Regards the overheating fish room issue if you use Mechanical Heat Ventilation and Recovery you can extract the heat in the fish room and recirculate it/repurpose it to heat the rest of the house. Win win and environmentally friendly. Will also reduce heating bills.

OP
OP
Mr_Stian

Mr_Stian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all your kind words.

Regarding the heat in the fish room it is actually not that bad. The temp of the tank is now 25.4 degrees, and the room is 26.8. But i have a fan that is pushing air to the outside of the house. Which during summer is not that bad, but could probably help a bit now that winter is coming. I Actually have a fan purchased that i wanted to install in the wall between the fish room and the rest of the house. But i have been a bit reluctant to do this because i have been under the impression that the humidity in the room has been high. But i have a de-humidifyer installed that is running 24/7 so it is actually dryer in there than the rest of the house. So i might install it afterall. Installing a heat exchanger is not an option as they cost alot here.

Regarding the damage done by most likley a sea urchin, this is still drying. I removed some of the membran that i have on the outside to better dry from this side, and this worked quite well. But it is still to wet on the inside. So i put a plastic lid to shield it from the water and istalled 2 small 12V fans to blow on it. Hoping this will speed it up a bit. I was hoping to lower the humidity to about 20% befor repairing the damage. Below a few pictures of the very temporary setup. It is kind of a mess all around the outside of the tank atm.

Inside the tank

Bilde 29.09.2020, 20 22 06.jpg

On the outside!

Bilde 29.09.2020, 20 22 36.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back