OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a look at the santa fe dehumidifiers. I had one installed in my basement in my last house and worked like a charm. They arent cheap but they will help keep your whole hose dry.

I will look into it.

Even on the opposite side of my house on different floors, I'm finding that it's rusting out hardware on all my doors :/

arnel0387

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you didn't give up!

I know you said you're done adding angels, but a pair of bandit angels would look so awesome in your tank! :)

6eteeth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been one of the best lunch reads I've had in a long time. Loved reading the thread. It was like a short story with highs and lows. Thank you for taking the time to document everything.

I've only been in the hobby for about 9 months and just set up a 210gal about 2 months ago. It's been an incredible slow journey. I do got the help of the local Mormons to install my tank lol. So sorry to hear about your fish, I can't even imagine how you were feeling. Glad you stayed in and continuing to post. Awesome work

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been one of the best lunch reads I've had in a long time. Loved reading the thread. It was like a short story with highs and lows. Thank you for taking the time to document everything.

I've only been in the hobby for about 9 months and just set up a 210gal about 2 months ago. It's been an incredible slow journey. I do got the help of the local Mormons to install my tank lol. So sorry to hear about your fish, I can't even imagine how you were feeling. Glad you stayed in and continuing to post. Awesome work

Thanks for taking the time to read through my thread. I appreciate it.

6eteeth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely, just fabulous stuff. Can you please explain the acclimation box? You drip acclimate outside the tank then put the fish in the acclimation box?

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have your vortechs programmed?

I have 2 MP60's on each end. They just do Reef Crest all day, sync, anti sync and it goes from 70% to 100% throughout the day. Pulse mode with the 60's are just WAY too loud. They are not synced with the 3 MP40's on the back walls on purpose.

The MP40's are all synced and anti-synced together. I go from pulse, reef crest, tidal surge and nutrient export through out the day. I have them running between 80-100%

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few shots. I added a huge piece of Red Dragon, Last Dragon, Yellow Mamba, Crown Jewel and Pearl Berry.

I wish I could get a good shot of this Gila Monster I got from Rocky Mountain Frags. No words can express how crazy this thing looks in the evenings.

A nice chunk of Red Dragon. The top pieces were cut off for frags.

As you can see, I will start filling the right side of the island up with more sticks. Should be pretty cool when it's grown out.

I love this guy. He is always in a bad mood. He will run everyone out of his path, but he doesn't really keep chasing. He grunts a lot and is my biggest eater.

I love this Regal.

The acro arch is coming along nice.
Cali Tort, Gila Monster, Jared's Flavor Parade, Tyree two toned tort, Jared's rainbow milli, grafted Setosa and my Red Planet is getting pretty big, pretty fast.

A shot of the left side of the island

toothman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 MP60's on each end. They just do Reef Crest all day, sync, anti sync and it goes from 70% to 100% throughout the day. Pulse mode with the 60's are just WAY too loud. They are not synced with the 3 MP40's on the back walls on purpose.

The MP40's are all synced and anti-synced together. I go from pulse, reef crest, tidal surge and nutrient export through out the day. I have them running between 80-100%

Where on the side panels did you place the MP 60's, how far front to back and top to bottom. I have a 400 g , 10ft long with 6 40's. 4 on the back and 2 on the sides. I had so much flow with the 40's and my 4 returns that the sand was getting blown around. I had to turn everything down.

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where on the side panels did you place the MP 60's, how far front to back and top to bottom. I have a 400 g , 10ft long with 6 40's. 4 on the back and 2 on the sides. I had so much flow with the 40's and my 4 returns that the sand was getting blown around. I had to turn everything down.

You got them running at 100%?

toothman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they were at 80 on the sides and 50 on the back. Had to decrease them from there. My tank is shallower than yours by 4 ". I have the side 40's at 7-8" below the water line about 10" from the front. The 4 on the back are equidistant apart and about 10" from water line. My returns were really adding to the flow too. I have 2 Reeflo snapper/dart hybrids.

SleepEatCorals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey AJ i dont know if you remember me but Man.... This Tank looks better then Before i dont know if you took my advice and talked to richreefer but Looking good saw you started with small Frags which looks awesome by the way!! Happy You Stayed into it!!! Feel Free to pm whenever u need anyhing be glad to help you and maybe ill share some crazy corals i have that i havent shown yet!!! But man Great Job!!!

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey AJ i dont know if you remember me but Man.... This Tank looks better then Before i dont know if you took my advice and talked to richreefer but Looking good saw you started with small Frags which looks awesome by the way!! Happy You Stayed into it!!! Feel Free to pm whenever u need anyhing be glad to help you and maybe ill share some crazy corals i have that i havent shown yet!!! But man Great Job!!!

Thank you. I would love to see what ya got.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back