400 Gallon Starfire Build - Mixed Reef

DidAc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend the last 1 hours going through ur story.. love the set-up and angels..
amazing work!!!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well u took my last five hours away from me and I thank u for it.
Amazing ride I'm glad u stuck with it both times u have one nice set up please keep us posted thanks
Justin

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

Aspiring Tank Guru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easily one of the most impressive tanks I've ever seen. This is what I'm going to shoot for if I ever win the lottery 4 times.

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! This is a very beautiful and well thought out tank. I'm sorry for all your ups and downs. But the tank still looks amazing :)

What's your current stocking on fish?
If I may suggest some fish that would be awesome additions.
Black tang, gem tang, quoyi parrotfish, blotchy Anthias, magnificent foxface, koi tang, just to name a few ;). Also if you looking for some very nice fish head over to the Reef Wise website they have a lot of stuff you may wanna check out:D

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! This is a very beautiful and well thought out tank. I'm sorry for all your ups and downs. But the tank still looks amazing :)

What's your current stocking on fish?
If I may suggest some fish that would be awesome additions.
Black tang, gem tang, quoyi parrotfish, blotchy Anthias, magnificent foxface, koi tang, just to name a few ;). Also if you looking for some very nice fish head over to the Reef Wise website they have a lot of stuff you may wanna check out:D

There is a Borbonius in there somewhere. He hangs out upside down in the back. Gem and Conspic are the 2 fish on my radar at the moment.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! How are the angels doing with the coral?

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Just read the entire thread. Living not far away and knowing that most of this was going on doesn't make it any easier to read. I remember the purchase/setup issues, I remember the Algae bloom, the first big crash and the "selling it all" moments. I'm glad things have calmed down some and that the tank is doing well. Can't wait to come over and see it in person.

Thanks for sticking with it and sharing your experiences with the rest of us!

P.S. I hope your Gila Monster made it. That is seriously my favorite SPS I have ever had. I will have it again soon now that I've dealt with my own issues on my tank. :) Good job Sir.

P.P.S The Mandarin I got from your 120 is still doing awesome and he now has a girlfriend. :p

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! How are the angels doing with the coral?

The only angel I have issues with is the Gold Flake. He destroyed my Wellso and a Trach, but he doesn't touch Euphyllia, Bubble coral, SPS, Candy Canes, Acans or anything else. He's an odd duck, I love him, so he can have the 2 corals he ate

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some days I realize how cool it is to not only be able to watch these build threads on R2R but when I can actually go see some of them in person is pretty amazing! Thanks for the visit AJ! What a beautiful tank!

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AJ you got your new lights, didn't you? I think I see new colors showing up in your pics.

I swapped out for Radion Gen 4 pros. They are great. SO much quieter than the 2's and I love how I could get rid of those enormous white ballasts. It freed up a lot of space.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back