40b lighting

william swann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 1 ai prime over my 40 breeder and i am planning on getting another one in the next month which seemed like the easiest and not too expensive option for me, my question: is this an adequate lighting option for a mixed reef? (sps at the top, lps and softies throughout the middle and bottom) if this is not a good choice, what are some lighting options that i could run in conjunction with a single prime and if not that what are good lighting options for a 40b mixed reef that aren’t more than $300

thanks in advance for any help :)

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'll be fine with two.

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run two ocean revives t247Bs on my 40 gallon breeder. You can find them used cheap - or I got two brand news for $330 total for both shipped

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run exactly that setup, and everything does fine in my mixed reef. I did add a T5 hybrid a few months ago that seems to be getting my SPS to grow more rapidly, but they did fine under 2 Primes.

OP
OP
william swann

william swann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run exactly that setup, and everything does fine in my mixed reef. I did add a T5 hybrid a few months ago that seems to be getting my SPS to grow more rapidly, but they did fine under 2 Primes.
what fixture did you use with your two primes? pics would help if you can thanks:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back