40b with DIY AIO

Awesome shots!!📸🪸
The other freebie you guys put in my order also has colored up! There was only the tiniest bit of yellow specks on one head when it arrived
P1220531.jpeg
 
Came home last night to the clowns in this tank actively laying and fertilizing their third clutch of eggs ever and within the last month or so
 
A lot has changed the past few weeks. I was given a lot of different coral frags by different friends I’ve made through my local reef club. Traded some coral, and bought a few pieces.

I was given another AI Prime 16 HD by a new club members when I was over at his place doing a PAR reading (free benefit for supporting club members), which finally put my lighting in a good place on this tank.

My salinity was quite low for quite a while, which has affected two of my higher end/nicer SPS. I think it’s from packing up the 4 frags I sent off to the winner of my photo contest I held. Other than that, everything else has been doing phenomenally. New growth everywhere, clowns are on their 5th round of eggs. Hoping now that the salinity is back to where it’s supposed to be, the 2 acros bounce back.
 
I’ve added a LOT since the last time I updated this. Between friends giving me things, trading, actually buying coral, being paid in coral for taking pictures for fellow reefers or picking coral up for them and delivering since I was already there and needed to go to their house for one reason or another.

Corals all added within the last 2 months:
SPS
-CB Unicorn Poop
-WWC Heartbreaker
-TGC Cherry Bomb
-ARC Merlin’s Beard (colony)
-Tyree Merlin’s Staff
- Forest Fire Digi
-Fruitopia
-RR Robin Hood
-POTO Alice in Wonderland (supposedly, not sure but was a trade)
-Pink Cadillac
-Rainbow Stylo
-Kung Poa Monti
-Alter Ego monti

LPS
-frogspawns
-crayola meltdown chalice
-gold hammer

Softies
-jawbreaker mushroom (the second one that was given to me was tiny and not fully intact, it’s currently MIA but could be somewhere in my QT tank)
-utter chaos zoa

Here’s a quick video from the other day
 
Top-down video from last night. I’m just about out of space. Need to sell some frags so I can cut the larger hammers up. Also need to finish my daughter’s transfer from a 4.8g into a 15g to free up some space. Not the worst problem to have in this hobby though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new