40G - 50G acrylic tank recommendations?

permanaccour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy a quality acrylic tank that would be around 40-50G?

Brands like innovative marine and red sea have solid tanks and their website/customer support are very well updated. I'm having trouble find reputable brands for a plain acrylic tank thats around 40-50G in volume. I'm planning on having a bunch of HOB gear and don't really need the AIO.

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy a quality acrylic tank that would be around 40-50G?

Brands like innovative marine and red sea have solid tanks and their website/customer support are very well updated. I'm having trouble find reputable brands for a plain acrylic tank thats around 40-50G in volume. I'm planning on having a bunch of HOB gear and don't really need the AIO.
Could check out Tenecor. There smallest tank that's not an AIO is 75 gallons, but have AIO in your size range.

Edit:

This company does custom tanks, looks like they have a 70 gallon for sale.

OP
OP
permanaccour

permanaccour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could check out Tenecor. There smallest tank that's not an AIO is 75 gallons, but have AIO in your size range.

Edit:

This company does custom tanks, looks like they have a 70 gallon for sale.

I really like the Tenecor aquariums. it looks like acrylic tanks always have this sort of top. Do you know how someone would put HOB refugiums, HOB media reactors and HOB algae scrubbers with this sort of top?

1701111208035.png

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Tenecor aquariums. it looks like acrylic tanks always have this sort of top. Do you know how someone would put HOB refugiums, HOB media reactors and HOB algae scrubbers with this sort of top?

1701111208035.png
Could potentiall find stuff to be between the openings? Or get smaller equipment what could fit inside the chambers? I've seen some smaller media reacors designed for AIOs that will fit in the chambers, and protein skimmers.

Could also do like a tunze macro algae reactor and only have a pump in the rear chamber and hard plumb the feed and return to the reactor. Or use the return pump to feed the reactor and then plumb the return into the tank return. Could put media reactor inline with this. Would just need a bigger return pump.

OP
OP
permanaccour

permanaccour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people typically just don't use any HOB equipment with acrylic? The more I look into acrylic tanks, the more I am realizing they all those those types of tops

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people typically just don't use any HOB equipment with acrylic? The more I look into acrylic tanks, the more I am realizing they all those those types of tops

Under 1000 bucks from Advanced Acrylics with all nice rounded, polished edges, rimless, black back and floor and external overflow made from 3/4" acrylic. I really like it. It's so clean and easy to work with. 45 gallons I believe. Dimensions 36"x24"x12"h. The footprint gives you a lot more real estate for such a small tank.

Right before I set it up...

377148790_1025063552146609_4686999038006063329_n.jpg

OP
OP
permanaccour

permanaccour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under 1000 bucks from Advanced Acrylics with all nice rounded, polished edges, rimless, black back and floor and external overflow made from 3/4" acrylic. I really like it. It's so clean and easy to work with. 45 gallons I believe. Dimensions 36"x24"x12"h. The footprint gives you a lot more real estate for such a small tank.

Right before I set it up...

377148790_1025063552146609_4686999038006063329_n.jpg

Looks incredible, where did you get the stand from? I just checked out Advanced Acrylics...I really like their AIO Rimless Show Tanks. Have you found any issues with bowing or anything with the acrylic now that you've had the rimless tank without the eurobrace for some time?

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks incredible, where did you get the stand from? I just checked out Advanced Acrylics...I really like their AIO Rimless Show Tanks. Have you found any issues with bowing or anything with the acrylic now that you've had the rimless tank without the eurobrace for some time?
The stand is from a company called Alufab. Worth every penny. The tank does not move. Incredibly solid and strong. Plus you can move it if you need to since its on wheels.

OP
OP
permanaccour

permanaccour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is from a company called Alufab. Worth every penny. The tank does not move. Incredibly solid and strong. Plus you can move it if you need to since its on wheels.
Thank you CBonito, I think i found the perfect tank along with a non-custom tank stand that has the exact dimensions that I'm looking for! Are you using a leveling mat as well or is that not needed since the Alufab stands have a leveler?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really… the problem with a rimless tank let’s say a 40gallon breeder for instance would need to be 1” thick acrylic to not bow and be built correctly.. with that being said it’s very expensive and power heads wouldn’t work with it unless it was a suction cup style.. euro is almost standard on all acrylic tanks unless it’s a cheap under built frag tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back