40g stocking list -- opinions, please!

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to stock my 40g Nuvo Fusion (which is cycled, and just has macro and live rock) in the Spring. I have the following list in mind:

-cherub angel
-royal gramma
-pygmy filefish
-goby with pistol shrimp pair.

Is this doable? Which fish should be added first? I'd like to add some coral, but it will just consist of softies and perhaps some LPS. I'd really, really like to have a royal gramma, and that's the only non-negotiable that I have. I would love a blenny, but I heard that they have to be fed multiple times a day and I often have to spend 2-3 days away from the house. Thanks!

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to stock my 40g Nuvo Fusion (which is cycled, and just has macro and live rock) in the Spring. I have the following list in mind:

-cherub angel
-royal gramma
-pygmy filefish
-goby with pistol shrimp pair.

Is this doable? Which fish should be added first? I'd like to add some coral, but it will just consist of softies and perhaps some LPS. I'd really, really like to have a royal gramma, and that's the only non-negotiable that I have. I would love a blenny, but I heard that they have to be fed multiple times a day and I often have to spend 2-3 days away from the house. Thanks!
That seems fine to me. I don't think blennies need to be fed more than once a day, just make sure there is algae for them to graze on.
Cherub angels are known to pick at corals, so that's something to watch out for, and should be added last.
Goby Pistol shrimp pair first (give them time to do their thing)
You can add more fish too btw...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back