OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, I don't have a desire to argue here so I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I have a 150 gallon aquarium with more than 3 fish but don't understand why that hypothetical is relevant.

Either way, we aren't adding any value to the community by having this conversation so I'll bow out. I do sincerely wish you success with the tank.
It’s okay that you don’t understand the hypothetical, but do understand, it’s extremely annoying when people constantly comment on people’s stocking of THEIR tank without knowing the back story. Someone could be upgrading to another tank soon, buying a fish at a small size and rehoming. This could be really helpful to the community actually. Ask questions before assuming. It’s very off putting and makes people not want help.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a new hawkfish i hadnt seen last week at a petco. Was blue. Small. Had a yellow stripe down the side. Too small for me.to purchase as my other fish would eat him.

The fish i talk about like on liveaquaria wernt always available. Of course some i see non of anymore like wild caught cinnamon clowns
:/
Its for the best.
D

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a new hawkfish i hadnt seen last week at a petco. Was blue. Small. Had a yellow stripe down the side. Too small for me.to purchase as my other fish would eat him.

The fish i talk about like on liveaquaria wernt always available. Of course some i see non of anymore like wild caught cinnamon clowns
:/
Its for the best.
D
Interesting sounding Hawkfish... how much were they selling it for?
Speaking of Petco, they seem to have the best prices on SW fish from what I can see. That’s LFS and online of course.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purple tangs are only $100 by me, sometimes a bit less. Petco aint cheap either and they usually carry basic saltwater fish and i just dont tend to trust the employees at mine.
Yellow perculas were only recently discovered but i dont think have been bred yet

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was spendy. Like $42 and maybe 3"
They have purple tangs at some of mine. $180! Lol.
Im not spending more than $80... sry. Lol.
D
Lol ok, their purples tangs are OD as well as their blue hippos. But I got a convict tang about 3” for $35, Picasso trigger for $40, they sell or sold the flame Angel for $80. A LFS near me is selling it for $150.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purple tangs are only $100 by me, sometimes a bit less. Petco aint cheap either and they usually carry basic saltwater fish and i just dont tend to trust the employees at mine.
Yellow perculas were only recently discovered but i dont think have been bred yet
So apparently there are different tier Petco. For instance the one by my job gets everything from lionfish, triggers, clown tangs, orange shoulder tangs, Atlantic blue tangs, midnight Angel which I just recently picked up and much more. But a Petco near my house carries the basic as you said, so you have to ask what tier they are. It also seems like depending whatever level the store is on also dictates the level of knowledge. I’ve fostered a pretty good relationship with the people at the Petco by my job. They tell me when a fish isn’t doing well and give advice when asked.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are not the most knowledgable. Person i was buying from last week said he only knew fresh water and that petco actually gave him a saltwater class. Like a training course. Lol! I just said right on. Lol.
So at least petco is trainging their staff. Prob less livestock loss they notice. Lol.

Use ur own knowledge when buying from petco

-d

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are not the most knowledgable. Person i was buying from last week said he only knew fresh water and that petco actually gave him a saltwater class. Like a training course. Lol! I just said right on. Lol.
So at least petco is trainging their staff. Prob less livestock loss they notice. Lol.

Use ur own knowledge when buying from petco

-d

Yea I’ve experienced that too, but like I said on another guys post just now, it depends on what level the Petco is on.

Back