OP
Debora Dlugopolska

Debora Dlugopolska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super, more info about your tank and how you keep it so beautiful? ;)
Can you tell more about equipment? Lightning, pumps, etc.
Thank You Everyone!

More info about my tank:
Size: 120[cm] x 70[cm] x [50[cm] + sump
Light: ATI Sunpower 8x54W
Skimmer: AF200
Return pump: Jebao 6000
Media filter: AF90

I am dosing Aquaforest products:
Salt: Probiotic Reef Salt
Suplements: Coral A, Coral B, Coral E, Coral V
Probiotic: - NP Pro, Pro Bio S
Balling: Component 1+2+3+
Food: Coral Food
Filtration media: Phoshpate Minus, Carbon, Zeo Mix

You use the aquaforest program correct? How do you like it?
Yes, correct:) I like that because is very easy and pleasant..

Very nice tank, corals, pics and welcome to reef to reef
Thank You!:)

Beautiful pictures, corals, aquascaping, congratulations!

Debora

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the Aquaforest Balling 1+2+3 yesterday.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You Everyone!

More info about my tank:
Size: 120[cm] x 70[cm] x [50[cm] + sump
Light: ATI Sunpower 8x54W
Skimmer: AF200
Return pump: Jebao 6000
Media filter: AF90

I am dosing Aquaforest products:
Salt: Probiotic Reef Salt
Suplements: Coral A, Coral B, Coral E, Coral V
Probiotic: - NP Pro, Pro Bio S
Balling: Component 1+2+3+
Food: Coral Food
Filtration media: Phoshpate Minus, Carbon, Zeo Mix

Yes, correct:) I like that because is very easy and pleasant..

Debora
I just picked up majority of the line up from my local fish store. They just started carrying it here in the US. I purchased the ProBioS, ProBioF, Iodum, Strontium, Flourine, Kalium, Iron, Micro E, Coral B, Coral E, Coral V, and thier carbon. I have my own amino acids I'm trying to use and I have a calcium and alkalinity doser already set up with different products. I wanted to ask you a few questions if you wouldn't mind. I am now on my third day of dosing for my SPS tank. I have never run a system like this so I am at 2/3 the recommended dosage for all products. My questions are as follows:

Am I missing any products vital to the success of this program?
Did you start this program from the beginning of your tank or did you switch to it once it was established?
How soon after starting this program did you begin to see results in your corals?
Is there anything that must be watched out for when using these products that you have noticed?
Is there a particular lighting spectrum that compliments this program well or is it whatever is appealing to you?

This is what I can think of right now but I will post again if I come up with any more questions. Thanks in advance for the help! :D

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debora in reading your thread on RC you purchased your corals from Aquaforest. Where they small frags or colonies?

SewerynAquaforest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon did You read Aquaforest Guide? http://aquaforest.eu/en/download/ In my opinion You need to have low nutriens for sps corals. So -NP pro and ProBioS (ProBioF IT is also ok.) Some phosphate minus for phosphates... For the beginning start form half dose and observe...

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon did You read Aquaforest Guide? http://aquaforest.eu/en/download/ In my opinion You need to have low nutriens for sps corals. So -NP pro and ProBioS (ProBioF IT is also ok.) Some phosphate minus for phosphates... For the beginning start form half dose and observe...
Yes I did. I've got a booklet on my desk and I've spent more time researching them in the past 3 days than anything else lol. I went with the ProBioF out of necessity (my LFS did not have the -NP pro) and the booklet and online said that the ProBioS is recommended with either product. I agree about the low nutrients. My tank is already low nutrients but not where this system operates at. I've got some high resolution test kits in the mail which should arrive on Friday so I'll have a better idea then. And I've been debating about the phosphate minus and the zeo mix since I left the store on Monday. I just wasn't sure. That's why I was reaching out to Debora who appears to use all three. I want to get the full benefit of the system but I do not want to shock my system either.

OP
OP
Debora Dlugopolska

Debora Dlugopolska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debora in reading your thread on RC you purchased your corals from Aquaforest. Where they small frags or colonies?

Yes - 90% corals in my tank come from Aquaforest coralfarm - corals growing in my tank from small frags.

Yes I did. I've got a booklet on my desk and I've spent more time researching them in the past 3 days than anything else lol. I went with the ProBioF out of necessity (my LFS did not have the -NP pro) and the booklet and online said that the ProBioS is recommended with either product. I agree about the low nutrients. My tank is already low nutrients but not where this system operates at. I've got some high resolution test kits in the mail which should arrive on Friday so I'll have a better idea then. And I've been debating about the phosphate minus and the zeo mix since I left the store on Monday. I just wasn't sure. That's why I was reaching out to Debora who appears to use all three. I want to get the full benefit of the system but I do not want to shock my system either.

Hi Brandon,
I am using ZeoMix, Phosphate Minus and Carbon in one RX:

I am using Aquaforest products from 3 years - corals still in good coloration and condition:)
I think that You have all basic products. I am not using microelements like Strontium, Iodum, Fluorine, Kalium, Iron, Micro E in separate bottles because I am using Component1+2+3+ with microelements inside.

If You have any question - ask:)

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - 90% corals in my tank come from Aquaforest coralfarm - corals growing in my tank from small frags.

Hi Brandon,
I am using ZeoMix, Phosphate Minus and Carbon in one RX:

I am using Aquaforest products from 3 years - corals still in good coloration and condition:)
I think that You have all basic products. I am not using microelements like Strontium, Iodum, Fluorine, Kalium, Iron, Micro E in separate bottles because I am using Component1+2+3+ with microelements inside.

If You have any question - ask:)

Thanks for the info! Your hard words has clearly paid off! Funnily enough I saw this video yesterday and it inspired me to set up my reactor the same way that you did. So Phosphate minus, carbon and zeo mix were all started yesterday.

Most of your corals seem to have come from the aquaforest program already. Have you had any experience bringing poorly colored corals into this program? How did they react? How soon did you see improvement? Also, which spectrum of light to you prefer for your tank?

OP
OP
Debora Dlugopolska

Debora Dlugopolska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! Your hard words has clearly paid off! Funnily enough I saw this video yesterday and it inspired me to set up my reactor the same way that you did. So Phosphate minus, carbon and zeo mix were all started yesterday.

Most of your corals seem to have come from the aquaforest program already. Have you had any experience bringing poorly colored corals into this program? How did they react? How soon did you see improvement? Also, which spectrum of light to you prefer for your tank?
Great!

On that pictures You Can see changes;))

Long and short version ;)
3536f4a13054a767cec5b0e505c12a8d.jpg

d7a03b08c947ff7420f8993a5fa0af96.jpg

Debora

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an amazing transformation, Aquaforest product sure brought out the colors from the coral, from a brown frag to green/blue/purple to the existing red/ yellow/blue colors. That to me, is truly amazing and what I am looking for.

Back