450 Hurricane Harvey Redemption build

Added a Tunze wavebox to the display this morning. Can’t believe the wave it produces in this size tank. Had it on one of my frag tanks for about 2 years and love the flow it provides for all the corals.


Looks like it added some great flow to your tank!
 
How do you like the 42” front to back I was considering this but kinda decided on 36”
I really like it. The tank I had prior was 36" and seemed deep. The only complaint I have is water clarity looking thru 42" of water is difficult to keep clear. Kinda a pain to reach anything without getting wet, but I'm used to it.
 
You know it’s going to be a good build when you see the whole front door removed just to get the tank in the house. Haha

Can’t wait to see this come together.
I thought the same thing...a man that is serious about his project.
 
Moved the water change station into the garage from the barn. Should make water changes and top offs so much easier. Hauling 5 gallon buckets for the top off got old real quick.
Water Station.jpg
 
Made a change to the skimmer last week. Pulled the Mag 9.5 pump off and replaced it with a Vectra L1 spare I had. Really seeing a big difference in the skim with the larger pump. All the nasty.

skim.jpg
skim1.jpg
 
Took some pics yesterday evening. Still with the Iphone... and didn't make it home in time to capture them with the halides on.
1-20 1.jpg
1-20 2.jpg
1-20 3.jpg
1-20 4.jpg
1-20 5.jpg
Haven't broke out the real camera yet. Juggling twins leaves very little time these days.
 
Have lost a few pieces since the transfer. The ones I've lost seem to all be smaller size frags for whatever reason.
 
Been worried about these numbers. Started dosing vodka to the system at about half the recommended dose. Keeping a eye on these parameters and will see what the vodka dosing does to the system over the next couple of weeks. May bump up the dosage if I don't see much change in a week or two.
1-30-24 nutrients.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new