46 gallon bowfront build

ZoaPark

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined R2R but have viewed many threads in the past for help. I’m planning a 46 gallon bowfront build with mostly used equipment to keep price down. Haven’t fully decided on a full mixed or anemone specific tank. I am designing an AIO acrylic drop in instead of a sump. I have found a tank and stand locally for $100 which is a good start. Hoping to keep total price under $1500 but we shall see
 
Welcome! You will find a lot of good resources here, but it sounds like you already know that!

Sounds like you found your self a pretty good deal on a tank!

Good luck with your build!
 
Welcome aboard!

I think that you can hit your goal of keeping it under $1,500. If anything, consider it a test of your willpower once you start eyeing all of the fun equipment. ;)
 
Just joined R2R but have viewed many threads in the past for help. I’m planning a 46 gallon bowfront build with mostly used equipment to keep price down. Haven’t fully decided on a full mixed or anemone specific tank. I am designing an AIO acrylic drop in instead of a sump. I have found a tank and stand locally for $100 which is a good start. Hoping to keep total price under $1500 but we shall see
That is a doable budget. But I wouldn’t skimp on dosing pumps, lighting, or a skimmer. I’ve found Those are the three main pieces of equipment. If you do some searching, you should be able for find some hydra 26 HD’s for under $300 a piece.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new