46 gallon bowfront build

ZoaPark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined R2R but have viewed many threads in the past for help. I’m planning a 46 gallon bowfront build with mostly used equipment to keep price down. Haven’t fully decided on a full mixed or anemone specific tank. I am designing an AIO acrylic drop in instead of a sump. I have found a tank and stand locally for $100 which is a good start. Hoping to keep total price under $1500 but we shall see

halvenator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You will find a lot of good resources here, but it sounds like you already know that!

Sounds like you found your self a pretty good deal on a tank!

Good luck with your build!

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!

I think that you can hit your goal of keeping it under $1,500. If anything, consider it a test of your willpower once you start eyeing all of the fun equipment. ;)

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined R2R but have viewed many threads in the past for help. I’m planning a 46 gallon bowfront build with mostly used equipment to keep price down. Haven’t fully decided on a full mixed or anemone specific tank. I am designing an AIO acrylic drop in instead of a sump. I have found a tank and stand locally for $100 which is a good start. Hoping to keep total price under $1500 but we shall see
That is a doable budget. But I wouldn’t skimp on dosing pumps, lighting, or a skimmer. I’ve found Those are the three main pieces of equipment. If you do some searching, you should be able for find some hydra 26 HD’s for under $300 a piece.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back