48" x 22" Mixed Reef Lighting Questions

Andy Wenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new 48" X 22" tank with a target of keeping a mixed reef. I already have an APEX and would like to use that for controlling the lights versus another application. Hoping I can get some expert advice/opinions on good options.

My current thought is 2x A360X Tuna Blue with a 48" Reefbrite X Series Dual Strip LED Add-On Kit. However I'm now considering 2x A500X instead of the 360X's. Should I be concerned if I want to use 2x A-Series Mounting Arms to support all this?

Because of my requirement on using APEX, is it just dumb of my not to consider 2x XR30's. I don't know if it's really a valid concern for lighting to not be part of the controller.

Be Kind,
Andy

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No interest in the Neptune Sky? I'm not recommending because I have no experience with it but it's as Apex controllable as it gets...

Coug92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new 48" X 22" tank with a target of keeping a mixed reef. I already have an APEX and would like to use that for controlling the lights versus another application. Hoping I can get some expert advice/opinions on good options.
My current thought is 2x A360X Tuna Blue with a 48" Reefbrite X Series Dual Strip LED Add-On Kit. However I'm now considering 2x A500X instead of the 360X's. Should I be concerned if I want to use 2x A-Series Mounting Arms to support all this?

Because of my requirement on using APEX, is it just dumb of my not to consider 2x XR30's. I don't know if it's really a valid concern for lighting to not be part of the controller.

Be Kind,
Andy
I have the same tank size. I have 2 360x’s with T5 hybrid and love the color and effect.

OP
OP
Andy Wenzel

Andy Wenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No interest in the Neptune Sky? I'm not recommending because I have no experience with it but it's as Apex controllable as it gets...
Seems like a lot of money for something that just came out. I was going down the path of the sky, but now that Kessil has integration with Apex, I’m leaning back to the Kessil with reefbrites.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back