48" x 22" Mixed Reef Lighting Questions

Andy Wenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2021
Messages
29
Reaction score
25
Location
Wind Lake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new 48" X 22" tank with a target of keeping a mixed reef. I already have an APEX and would like to use that for controlling the lights versus another application. Hoping I can get some expert advice/opinions on good options.

My current thought is 2x A360X Tuna Blue with a 48" Reefbrite X Series Dual Strip LED Add-On Kit. However I'm now considering 2x A500X instead of the 360X's. Should I be concerned if I want to use 2x A-Series Mounting Arms to support all this?

Because of my requirement on using APEX, is it just dumb of my not to consider 2x XR30's. I don't know if it's really a valid concern for lighting to not be part of the controller.

Be Kind,
Andy
 
Starting a new 48" X 22" tank with a target of keeping a mixed reef. I already have an APEX and would like to use that for controlling the lights versus another application. Hoping I can get some expert advice/opinions on good options.
My current thought is 2x A360X Tuna Blue with a 48" Reefbrite X Series Dual Strip LED Add-On Kit. However I'm now considering 2x A500X instead of the 360X's. Should I be concerned if I want to use 2x A-Series Mounting Arms to support all this?

Because of my requirement on using APEX, is it just dumb of my not to consider 2x XR30's. I don't know if it's really a valid concern for lighting to not be part of the controller.

Be Kind,
Andy
I have the same tank size. I have 2 360x’s with T5 hybrid and love the color and effect.
 
No interest in the Neptune Sky? I'm not recommending because I have no experience with it but it's as Apex controllable as it gets...
Seems like a lot of money for something that just came out. I was going down the path of the sky, but now that Kessil has integration with Apex, I’m leaning back to the Kessil with reefbrites.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new