480g sps shallows + 1000g build

T5 setup

• 4 6x54 ati sunpowers

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 2 6x54 x 2 4x54w ati sunpowers with reefbrites .

Votes: 29 85.3%

• Total voters

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along man :D I think you're going to kill it with that lighting setup too! :D

Can't have a big sps tank without lots of tangs and wrasse! :D makes up the movement for the acro's being coloured rocks :p

OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along man :D I think you're going to kill it with that lighting setup too! :D

Can't have a big sps tank without lots of tangs and wrasse! :D makes up the movement for the acro's being coloured rocks :p
Thanks! It’s getting there I know this tank will be something very unique down the road but I know being patient is really going to pay off . I’m very excited about the lighting setup just not the purchasing part ....lol

OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few years I’ve followed The Reef Corner on YouTube , they have some unique and extremely beautiful fish that most lfs won’t risk bringing in . I was on YouTube after I got off watch and he had a beautiful Japanese Zebra swallowtail pair. Out of curiosity at 7pm I called the number and Immediately they answered . It was a very pleasant experience and I felt comfortable enough to place an order . Within a hour I had a tracking number and this beautiful pair will be arriving tomorrow afternoon ! I can truly say so far it’s been an amazing experience dealing with them and made me comfortable enough to buy fish for my wife to pickup from the airport . I will continue to post about my experience buying from the reef corner . If everything goes how it has with them I have already planned on buying a few more beautiful fish from them . This is the exact pair arriving tomorrow ;Woot

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few years I’ve followed The Reef Corner on YouTube , they have some unique and extremely beautiful fish that most lfs won’t risk bringing in . I was on YouTube after I got off watch and he had a beautiful Japanese Zebra swallowtail pair. Out of curiosity at 7pm I called the number and Immediately they answered . It was a very pleasant experience and I felt comfortable enough to place an order . Within a hour I had a tracking number and this beautiful pair will be arriving tomorrow afternoon ! I can truly say so far it’s been an amazing experience dealing with them and made me comfortable enough to buy fish for my wife to pickup from the airport . I will continue to post about my experience buying from the reef corner . If everything goes how it has with them I have already planned on buying a few more beautiful fish from them . This is the exact pair arriving tomorrow ;Woot

You're not mucking about! Haha what a gorgeous choice of fish :D they're stunners!

OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not mucking about! Haha what a gorgeous choice of fish :D they're stunners!
The male is one of my favorite fish especially when they have streamers . Now the hard part , being patient lol

D285FC60-2BB0-4629-BE8B-139CD625054E.png

OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both angels have been drip acclimated /dipped and are in the tank . I HIGHLY recommend ordering from the Reef corner . Both angels were healthy and fat with beautiful streamers. Within 10 minutes of going into the tank they both were eating ! I will be buying most of the fish for this tank through him due to his fish being all show piece worthy . I will get my wife to get some pics / video to post later .

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both angels have been drip acclimated /dipped and are in the tank . I HIGHLY recommend ordering from the Reef corner . Both angels were healthy and fat with beautiful streamers. Within 10 minutes of going into the tank they both were eating ! I will be buying most of the fish for this tank through him due to his fish being all show piece worthy . I will get my wife to get some pics / video to post later .
Glad to hear they're both safe and sound :) :) The males when they have streamers are AMAZING!!

OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear they're both safe and sound :) :) The males when they have streamers are AMAZING!!
I can’t describe how happy I am dealing with them . On FaceTime they are both very fat and swimming around like they own the tank . I can’t wait to see them color up and how long their streamers get . Here’s a teaser pic of the male . I will get better pics when I’m home to show how truly beautiful they are . I can’t believe how awesome my wife is driving to the airport to pick them up and acclimating them . It’s really nice sharing this passion of mine with someone who truly enjoys just as much. The tank is going through a little cyano outbreak we’re dealing with :mad:

4D2B2F12-8852-421A-9C4C-9981076E8C54.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you hear about this place
Over the past few years I’ve created a folder on YouTube with all the fish/ coral videos I like to give me ideas for my tanks . I always end up on his page amazed by the beauty of his fish . I saw this pair yesterday and decided to give them a call and had an incredible experience from ordering /shipping /arrival . He made sure the fish were okay/healthy and even tossed in a large can of spectrum pellets. The packaging was amazing with dense insulation. I will be buying most of the high end fish for this tank through him .ive had one terrible experience with live aquaria that caused me to not buy fish online for the past 3 years . The Reef Corner has completely changed my mind . I love how he has videos of the exact fish your buying and exactly where it’s coming from .

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t describe how happy I am with dealing with them . On FaceTime they are both very fat and swimming around like they own the tank . I can’t wait to see them color up and how long their streamers get . Here’s a teaser pic of the male . I will get better pics when I’m home to show how truly beautiful they are . I can’t believe how awesome my wife is driving to the airport to pick them up and acclimating them . It’s really nice sharing this passion of mine with someone who truly enjoys just as much. The tank is going through a little cyano outbreak we’re dealing with :mad:

4D2B2F12-8852-421A-9C4C-9981076E8C54.png
That's fantastic to hear that they're settling well and look good and healthy!! I know exactly how you feel too, my partner is an absolute saint taking care of the tank when I'm not there and is able to notice when corals are upset or looking a little off. I know she enjoys the tank but I think she enjoys the enjoyment I get from my tank more and so she really puts in the effort to be a part of my hobby too :) Makes life and the tank much more enjoyable being able to share it with the person you're closest to :)

OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s going on everybody ! Sorry for the lack of updates . I’m flying home today and will have some awesome updates this week . If you guys need any fish that are hard to find, ed at the reef corner is who you need to hit up . I texted him last week looking for some unique tangs for the 480(Fowleri and mauciliceps). Within a week he sent me pics of everything I wanted and they are even better looking than I could imagine . I can’t wait to get these guys in the tank !

1FDDBD28-D8E5-4CB2-B3C4-713829EBE0E9.jpeg

C6921535-558A-4BAD-9F88-658D1190F76C.png

OP
OP
Recklessryan904

Recklessryan904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a bunch of updates for you guys this week. The shipment of tangs come in tomorrow but I couldn’t help myself at the LFS.....I picked up a male blue jaw trigger and Tomini tang for the 480. For the 1000g we ended up getting a beautiful lineatus and Scott’s fairy wrasse ,Bella sleeper goby and Australian bird wrasse .

BF730ACA-2457-4C10-9576-3F3D25438224.jpeg

9701FE56-35B3-4DE9-A9F7-8B9D5A63D28B.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back