48x36x24 reefanatik reef

Reefanatik

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2016
Messages
463
Reaction score
554
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I've been in the hobby 4 about 8 years and I am on my 4th tank. I started with a 72g bow front which was given to me by my brother who was in a bad motorcycle accident and couldn't keep up with the tank. I thought awesome. I get a free saltwater tank. LOL. I then moved up to a 90 gallon, then a 93 cube and just recently upgraded to a 180 which I think I got wet in early July. My equipment list goes as such.
2 Hamilton MH 20K radiums M80 ballast
4bulb supplemental Tek T5s
3 mp40QDs
36" life reef skimmer
Vectra M1 pump for skimmer
Vectra L1 return pump
Apex controller
brs dosing pumps x2
Custom BOA sump

My 180 is still fairly new but I'm happy with it so far. Anyways I will start with a few pics. Let me know what u like or don't like.









 
Ive slowly added a bit more rock. I think that will b enough, I don't want it to look crowded and I need room for my coral to grow.












 
Fish list.

6 green chromis
3 femal lyretail anthias
1 male lyretail anthias
2 clowns
1 melenurus wrasse
1 starry blenny
2 fire goby
1 purple tang
1 blue hippo
1 blue throat trigger
1 diamond gobby
 
Wow loving it! Nice work on the plumbing and wire management!
 
Looking forward to seeing this one grow in!
 
So I lost my green slimer and a few other sps coral. I think my issue was low nutrients and my alkalinity was at 9.5. I've read it's not good to keep it above 8 with low nutrients. I took my alkalinity doser offline for a few days so it would lower naturally and I am starting to see new growth again. Also, I started working on skinning the tank after leaving it bare for a few months. Will get pics up soon.
 
Well I finally started working on skinning my stand. I still have a long way to go but here are some pictures of my progress so far.


 
Haven't posted in a while but here are some recent pictures of some zoas and sps.

http://s103.photobucket.com/user/julian0201/media/IMG_0401.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s103.photobucket.com/user/julian0201/media/IMG_0389.jpg.html][/URL]



http://s103.photobucket.com/user/julian0201/media/IMG_0379.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s103.photobucket.com/user/julian0201/media/IMG_0362.jpg.html][/URL]



http://s103.photobucket.com/user/julian0201/media/IMG_0344.jpg.html][/URL]



http://s103.photobucket.com/user/julian0201/media/IMG_0292.jpg.html][/URL]



http://s103.photobucket.com/user/julian0201/media/IMG_0241.jpg.html]
th_IMG_0241.jpg
[/URL]

 
Last edited:
Not sure why some of the pictures are showing up and some aren't. Let me try one more time.




So when i copy the "image" link on photobucket its posting the "update your account" image and when i link the "image thumb"link from photobucket it works but it is too small of a picture. What am i doing wrong?
 
Last edited:
corals look good!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new