4th tunze osmolator to die on me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aquacultureguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help how do i get the 4 tunze osmolators I have serviced or fixed. I was an advocate for these ato’s, I suggested to everyone whose tank I set up to purchase but now I am not so sure. These ato’s are too expensive to keep purchasing. How do I get these serviced.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened? Water error? I had issues with the pumps but the unit itself has been very reliable for me. I've tried many others.

welsher7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Roger, he is the USA Tunze rep. He has the best service in the industry in my opinion. He will see your post. Or send him a message.

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, anything under 10 years old can be repaired barring the issue being severe water damage, even outside of warranty, we repair them. The best place to start is a description of what is wrong, the age, and the lights showing on the display, in many cases, the cause is simple and we can solve it without needing to send it in. I would make sure the optic sensor is shiny clean as a starting point, remove it from the magnet, soak it in vinegar for 30-60 minutes, wipe it with a soft towel, never scrub or scrape the sensor as scratches and scuffing will ruin it.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an issue with my tunze nano ATO. Have had it about 1.5 years. Had the very rare issue sometimes it stopped working and I had to unplug it and plug it back in. But now it only will work if I turn it off and on. Luckily I have an apex, but I now turn it off and on all day whenever I remember to so clearly the pump and sensor work since it tops off to the right level so I'm very confused. Any ideas?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When this happens is the pump twitching every 10 seconds?

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When this happens is the pump twitching every 10 seconds?

How would I be able to tell? Haven't heard anything. Just seems to fill to the sensor when I turn it off and on and then nothing until I do it again.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump will make a jerk every 10 seconds that usually results in audible noise, this means it timed out. In the factory setting it is set for a under 26 gallon system, the pump times out and will never run again until power cycled anytime it has run 1 min 45 seconds continuous. There is an optional 2 min 40 second setting for 26-55 gallon set up.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tanks only 20 gallons and haven't noticed a noise (tank is in my living room), when I turn it on to top off it's probably not even 1/8th a gallon max so don't believe it's that.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can add about 1 qt in the time limit, I would check the pump the next time it does this, if that is not it, if you send it in we can get it repaired, it has a 2 year warranty.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing to check is the float, the float is a magnetic switch, if the magnets are misaligned or another magnet is nearby, that can prevent the float from working properly. The magnets must be lined up so they shadow each other and be flat on a pane and not overlapping trim or hanging off the edge, no other magnets should be within 4" and they must be the magnets that came with the nano osmolator. If the glass is less than 3/16" a shim may be needed. This can be tested by trying the float with the back magnet taken away, if it reliably switches with the back magnet out of the picture, away from the tank, it is caused by magnetic interference.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back