5.0 phosphate solution?

Knuxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all so my 29g reef tank has been up for almost a year and I have mixed corals mainly LpS.
Recently I got my self an Api reef and marine test kit and my phosphate came in high. ( I had a twin spot goby go missing ) Anyways so I kicked up the skimming and swapping out filter floss, been manually removing algea witch hasn't been alot.
But I have seen some corals suffer. So was wondering if anyone had any pointers or experience that you could bless me with to help me on my Journey.
I do have redsea Nopox
But idk if it will help or if there is a better way
Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Thanks in advance.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nopox is not very good at phosphate control, Nitrate yes so I would go with GFO, I prefer rhowaphos

If you have corals and the phosphate has been elevated for some time, just start a slow reduction with maybe 25-50% of the recommended amount so the corals can adjust as the levels drop. You will need to change it frequently to start as it will become spent as it removes the phosphate from the system. If you don’t change it it won’t work properly .

A good target is around 0.03ppm and then you need to maintain it there

And welcome to R2R as well!

OP
OP
Knuxxx

Knuxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the help I couldn't log in for whatever reason . And I've gotten some Rhowaphos as recommended

OP
OP
Knuxxx

Knuxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had three different places test my water and its lower now but still not where it should be I added Chateo to my sump and Adding rhowaphos to my reactor at half dose to start then testing in a few days
Unfortunately a few corals have begun to recede.

OP
OP
Knuxxx

Knuxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nopox is not very good at phosphate control, Nitrate yes so I would go with GFO, I prefer rhowaphos

If you have corals and the phosphate has been elevated for some time, just start a slow reduction with maybe 25-50% of the recommended amount so the corals can adjust as the levels drop. You will need to change it frequently to start as it will become spent as it removes the phosphate from the system. If you don’t change it it won’t work properly .

A good target is around 0.03ppm and then you need to maintain it there

And welcome to R2R as well!
Thank you for the help
I've seen a few vids on rhowaphos
So trying it out yeah from what I read about the Nopox its mainly for Nitrate glad I didnt start dumping that in.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey man Can we get a little bit more info on your tank such as the parameters as well as lighting and what issues have you been seeing with your corals. Honestly I would not have ran rowaphos and chateo at the same time. If you run the GFO it could potentially strip your tank of all the nutrients needed to keep the Chateo thriving.

OP
OP
Knuxxx

Knuxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man Can we get a little bit more info on your tank such as the parameters as well as lighting and what issues have you been seeing with your corals. Honestly I would not have ran rowaphos and chateo at the same time. If you run the GFO it could potentially strip your tank of all the nutrients needed to keep the Chateo thriving.
I will upload my lighting schedule, I and running a Ai prime and t5 combo 1 blue 1 white and parameters I'll upload a pic of my notes soon.
I have removed my chateo and added to my clownFish sump. I didnt want everything to drop dramatically so running the Gfo at 1/2 the recommended dose.

Back