5 DKH increase overnight dripping HELP!

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it doesn't turn out that way :face-with-head-bandage:

Is there anything I can do now to mitigate that if it does perhaps happen?
Best thing to do is to just stick with your routine maintenance schedule and try to keep things stable (lighting, flow and parameters). And if you need to make a change, do it slowly and gradually over time.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that dosing heads don't actually pump the supplement. Dosing happens on a siphon, and the dosing head controls the rate of siphon.

Better way to visualize it is like an old school roll of toothpaste or a fuel bulb style pump. If it was acting as a siphon the reservoir we would have to be higher than end.

OP
OP
Tnops

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Okay so 2 weeks later, everything looks perfectly fine. Plate coral has recovered, things have grown too. Either I got lucky or there is something wacky with the 1 DKH per day rule

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back