5 Gal Drop Off Pico Reef Experiment

wrasse2123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all a few months ago I got a new job across the country and decided move my corals with me from South Carolina to California! I decided to get some use out of my old pico tank from college for this project. For the pico tank I wanted to do a different aquascape than usual so I added a back sump, and drop-off by using some old cutting board and starboard along with some silicone sealant. Since I now know that this project was successful I will be posting the progression of the past few months.

I was able to take the tank and equipment with me, however the corals were shipped (horribly) through fedex and I did receive some coral losses. However overall I am pleased with this project.

I'm sorry if the tank seems sloppy sometimes but I tend to like to play around with my tanks so please enjoy!
IMG_9773.jpeg

This is the tank pre-move, I sold off the torches since I didn't really trust them to make it

IMG_0022.jpeg

Here is the drop-off I installed later, it looks a lot better with some rock all over it.

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Doing a faux drop off currently also, actually came here to start my build thread as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back