5 kessils over standard 180

  • Thread starter Thread starter CHEF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CHEF

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
234
Reaction score
22
Location
Destin ,Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am getting back in the hobby. I have always ran halides and old school vho then t5s with the halides. I have acquired 3 -a350w tuna blues and 3 -a360x tuna blues will this be enough without t5s. I can run all six if need be. It will be predominantly sps with lps and softies and zoas.
Any help
 
Should be OK to start with but if sps dominant may need supplemental down the road.
 
3 standard would be all I would run, 6 would be overkill
 
Hello everyone I am getting back in the hobby. I have always ran halides and old school vho then t5s with the halides. I have acquired 3 -a350w tuna blues and 3 -a360x tuna blues will this be enough without t5s. I can run all six if need be. It will be predominantly sps with lps and softies and zoas.
Any help
Nothing like halides/T5s.
They are still unbeatable in my book!
 
Have a look at the a500x instead. I have a par meter coming later in the month - but I suspect the par ratings are higher than advertised based on how low I need to keep the intensity.
 
I run 3 360we on my 180. I do not have many SPS, mostly LPS and softies.

Yes I do get some shadowing under things with only 3. But that's not an issue in my tank. I would use all 6 if you want SPS and need to eliminate the shadowing for when they get larger. You don't have to run them at 100% and it will reduce the shadows. Also you can raise them up higher if it doesn't cause too much light bleed and get a bigger span.
 
Have a look at the a500x instead. I have a par meter coming later in the month - but I suspect the par ratings are higher than advertised based on how low I need to keep the intensity.

BRS put out an interesting video about PAR recently, check that out if you haven't already.
 
Kessil’s are awesome lights, but if you’re going full on sps colonies, then you’ll need fill light or more fixtures. You could do three 500x’s, but you’ll still need some help from led bars or T5’s.
 
Kessil’s are awesome lights, but if you’re going full on sps colonies, then you’ll need fill light or more fixtures. You could do three 500x’s, but you’ll still need some help from led bars or T5’s.
This is correct
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new