5 months clowfish pair, female died with no explanation or sign of disease, should I QT the male and treat him for disease just in case

maxpare79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says, for no apparent reason, my female clown (5 months) was lethargic yesterday, and died this morning. Male seems fine, but since they were always together, should I treat the male in a QT just as a precaution (Prazipro, General cure, etc...)?

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the male is not showing any signs, I would not. But I might get the QT ready so you can make the jump if he shows any signs.

Also, you might want to ask in the fish disease forum. Lots of good people there. Read the sticky post about what info they need to be of most assistance. :)

OP
OP
M

maxpare79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the male is not showing any signs, I would not. But I might get the QT ready so you can make the jump if he shows any signs.

Also, you might want to ask in the fish disease forum. Lots of good people there. Read the sticky post about what info they need to be of most assistance. :)
Thanks my bad, on posting in the wrong section.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 43.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back