5 stage BRS RO DI filter acting weird?

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys so I recently purchased a 5 stage RO DI filter from BRS alond with the 3 TDS readers. All was working great at first, but now I’m getting 1TDS reading from the 4th stage which was normal with my water(reason I upgraded to 5 stage) but now I’m getting a reading of 6TDS after the 5th stage? I thought the TDS meter was absolutely wrong. I came to see it was not wrong after testing it with 2 other TDS readers? Definitely cleaner coming out of the 4th stage. The filter is not a month old and was working fine before. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys so I recently purchased a 5 stage RO DI filter from BRS alond with the 3 TDS readers. All was working great at first, but now I’m getting 1TDS reading from the 4th stage which was normal with my water(reason I upgraded to 5 stage) but now I’m getting a reading of 6TDS after the 5th stage? I thought the TDS meter was absolutely wrong. I came to see it was not wrong after testing it with 2 other TDS readers? Definitely cleaner coming out of the 4th stage. The filter is not a month old and was working fine before. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.
One time I installed a filter upside-down and it gave me a weird reading. Make sure you check the flow direction arrow.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have noticed that if my 1 tds water goes through my DI resin when it’s time to change it it actually brings the TDS up a bit so it going from 1 to 6 could mean your DI resin is bad and should be replaced, if it hasn’t changed colors but is still doing that it could have been exposed to air to long and ruined before you got to use it

OP
OP
fishandstangs

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that if my 1 tds water goes through my DI resin when it’s time to change it it actually brings the TDS up a bit so it going from 1 to 6 could mean your DI resin is bad and should be replaced, if it hasn’t changed colors but is still doing that it could have been exposed to air to long and ruined before you got to use it
The filter is almost new but I did notice it change color to yellow. Not sure is this is normal color.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The filter is almost new but I did notice it change color to yellow. Not sure is this is normal color.

Might want to recharge your di media.

They have a calibration solution for your digital's calibration

A lot of nice feedback to your thread.

Good luck... :)

OP
OP
fishandstangs

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to recharge your di media.

They have a calibration solution for your digital's calibration

A lot of nice feedback to your thread.

Good luck... :)
I will change the media. Thank you very much

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be nice. This place is for us who are learning. Please don’t discourage from using this site.

It has nothing to do with being nice or not nice. Please use the emergency flag appropriately. If it's an emergency, always feel free to ask for help. If it's not an emergency, always feel free to ask for help. But please consider carefully when to use or not to use the emergency flag.

Some examples of emergencies include people with active tank crashes, leaks, near house fires, etc.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has nothing to do with being nice or not nice. Please use the emergency flag appropriately. If it's an emergency, always feel free to ask for help. If it's not an emergency, always feel free to ask for help. But please consider carefully when to use or not to use the emergency flag.

Some examples of emergencies include people with active tank crashes, leaks, near house fires, etc.
@chrisv you could of explained that to them first instead of using uptight sarcasm. There is no need for sarcasm. You may be upset with there use of the emergency tag. However for them this is an emergency. What if they were trying to make a batch of saltwater because they have a problem with their tank. It’s not for you to judge. If you have nothing helpful to say then move onto another thread. I joined this forum because of the nice people. And I thought that’s what @revhtree is trying to promote here

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TDS prongs 2ea., water should be flowing between the two prongs or perpendicular. Double check those. Otherwise replace the DI media and let us known please.

OP
OP
fishandstangs

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TDS prongs 2ea., water should be flowing between the two prongs or perpendicular. Double check those. Otherwise replace the DI media and let us known please.
The prongs are installed correctly. I’m going to order new di media and let you know what happens. Thank you!

OP
OP
fishandstangs

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@chrisv you could of explained that to them first instead of using uptight sarcasm. There is no need for sarcasm. You may be upset with there use of the emergency tag. However for them this is an emergency. What if they were trying to make a batch of saltwater because they have a problem with their tank. It’s not for you to judge. If you have nothing helpful to say then move onto another thread. I joined this forum because of the nice people. And I thought that’s what @revhtree is trying to promote here
Thank you very much Adrift, I was making a new batch of RO water as I was running out. I’m new to the site and wasn’t sure what that area was for and emergency was auto filled I was afraid of leaving it empty so I left it there. Honest mistake Id say but now I know how to use it.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be nice. This place is for us who are learning. Please don’t discourage from using this site.
no offense man, and not trying to be mean, but an "Emergency" this is not. Next time ask yourself if it's life or death for your livestock before using the emergency tag, this is like going to the ER for a cold.

OP
OP
fishandstangs

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no offense man, and not trying to be mean, but an "Emergency" this is not. Next time ask yourself if it's life or death for your livestock before using the emergency tag, this is like going to the ER for a cold.
You know saying “no offense” does not change the fact that it is offensive to me. I’m still offended by your post. I’m here trying to learn and come to a place where I can feel safe asking a real concern I am having. I understand this is not an emergency to you but it could be to me. Also think of all the people who did not go to the ER thinking they had a cold, and sadly had terrible outcomes when it turned out to be COVID.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back