5 stage BRS RO DI filter acting weird?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know saying “no offense” does not change the fact that it is offensive to me. I’m still offended by your post. I’m here trying to learn and come to a place where I can feel safe asking a real concern I am having. I understand this is not an emergency to you but it could be to me. Also think of all the people who did not go to the ER thinking they had a cold, and sadly had terrible outcomes when it turned out to be COVID.
Sorry it offends you, but there is no emergency here, you clearly tested and caught the problem, you bought it from BRS who also has a very helpful tech support/customer service line and can replace it if something is wrong. You have nothing sick, ill, or dying from this, it's not an emergency. There are people on this site who monitor the emergency tag to help people with their dying flora and fauna, this post is detracting from that. And for you to use COVID as an example of a reason to go to the ER for a cold tells me you're really out of touch with what an emergency actually is. It is totally safe to ask questions here without using emergency where no emergency exists, you ever hear of the boy who cried wolf? don't be that guy...

OP
OP
fishandstangs

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it offends you, but there is no emergency here, you clearly tested and caught the problem, you bought it from BRS who also has a very helpful tech support/customer service line and can replace it if something is wrong. You have nothing sick, ill, or dying from this, it's not an emergency. There are people on this site who monitor the emergency tag to help people with their dying flora and fauna, this post is detracting from that. And for you to use COVID as an example of a reason to go to the ER for a cold tells me you're really out of touch with what an emergency actually is. It is totally safe to ask questions here without using emergency where no emergency exists, you ever hear of the boy who cried wolf? don't be that guy...
Don’t think I’m crying wolf here, just a simple accident if you’ve read the rest of the post you’d know if not please do so and educate yourself on this matter. Specially if you’re monitoring the emergency tab (sounds more like someone who likes to make people feel less for having less knowledge of the site) some people call that a bully. I’m not going to allow myself to be bullied out of this site. I came here for help and that’s what I’m asking for and will continue too!! I am entitled to believe this is an emergency for me regardless of what you think. That is my right and not for you to decide for me. Please be nice or move on if you have nothing to say. Unless of course there’s something you need to prove to yourself. Maybe this makes you feel superior.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Adrift, I was making a new batch of RO water as I was running out. I’m new to the site and wasn’t sure what that area was for and emergency was auto filled I was afraid of leaving it empty so I left it there. Honest mistake Id say but now I know how to use it.
@fishandtangs has already apologized earlier in the post. Please read entire post before reiterating what has clearly already been stated. I also monitor the emergency post, although I may not always offer advise on certain subjects I don’t have enough information on I still read them to learn. I can’t remember seeing either of you as of late replying to post in emergency. If I’m wrong I apologize. But either way BRS customer support is not open on the weekends that I’m aware of tried calling said to call back Monday. @fishandtangs is probably best you just ignore them they most likely will not stop. There is also an ignore option if you so desire, sadly these things happen.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ship has sailed for not being "that guy" in this case.

DON'T HURT HIS FEELINGS!

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think I’m crying wolf here, just a simple accident if you’ve read the rest of the post you’d know if not please do so and educate yourself on this matter. Specially if you’re monitoring the emergency tab (sounds more like someone who likes to make people feel less for having less knowledge of the site) some people call that a bully. I’m not going to allow myself to be bullied out of this site. I came here for help and that’s what I’m asking for and will continue too!! I am entitled to believe this is an emergency for me regardless of what you think. That is my right and not for you to decide for me. Please be nice or move on if you have nothing to say. Unless of course there’s something you need to prove to yourself. Maybe this makes you feel superior.

@fishandtangs has already apologized earlier in the post. Please read entire post before reiterating what has clearly already been stated. I also monitor the emergency post, although I may not always offer advise on certain subjects I don’t have enough information on I still read them to learn. I can’t remember seeing either of you as of late replying to post in emergency. If I’m wrong I apologize. But either way BRS customer support is not open on the weekends that I’m aware of tried calling said to call back Monday. @fishandtangs is probably best you just ignore them they most likely will not stop. There is also an ignore option if you so desire, sadly these things happen.

1) I was very nice in my first post about it
2) After reading back and forth an argument about if this is an emergency (which it clearly is not) I decided to post.
3) Just because I'm not a first responder doesn't mean I can't tell my neighbor that calling 9-1-1 on a suspicious person is not an emergency
2a. This can be true even if others have told them the same, especially if they argued the merits of it with others.
4) I did not read all the way through because I could neither help with the topic nor was I interested in reading any more of it. So I did not see where they had apologized.

But I was clearly attempting to be nice and peaceful and explain what the emergency tag is for using a simile that is relatable, a simple "Yeah, I know my bad" would have sufficed. Instead, I'm met with "I should feel safe, I'm offended by your post" nonsense...

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I was very nice in my first post about it
2) After reading back and forth an argument about if this is an emergency (which it clearly is not)
3) Just because I'm not a first responder doesn't mean I can't tell my neighbor that calling 9-1-1 on a suspicious person is not an emergency
2a. This can be true even if others have told them the same, especially if they argued the merits of it with others.
4) I did not read all the way through because I could neither help with the topic nor was I interested in reading any more of it. So I did not see where they had apologized.

But I was clearly attempting to be nice and peaceful and explain what the emergency tag is for using a simile that is relatable, a simple "Yeah, I know my bad" would have sufficed. Instead, I'm met with "I should feel safe, I'm offended by your post" nonsense...
All that's left is for someone to evoke the original intentions of Rev when he created the forums, and then I will have bingo.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here in Texas, if a saw a suspicious character would just shoot them lol. Love that Castle law. Look I agree with the both of you that it isn’t emergency. They are new and learning. They already apologized for their mistake. I commented on how the message was relayed to begin with. Chris immediately replied back to explain himself. The message was then received. Also agree with Chris again, just drop it… the shop has sailed.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP, if you are still having problems, BRS has great tech support especially with RODI units. Happy to answer questions, but honestly they are your absolute best bet.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slightly different topic. I thought rev had a post or jay or something like that maybe an article on use of emergency tag. Can’t seem to find it. Think it would be nice to sticky it as I’m welcoming new people. Do y’all know where it’s posted?

OP
OP
fishandstangs

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slightly different topic. I thought rev had a post or jay or something like that maybe an article on use of emergency tag. Can’t seem to find it. Think it would be nice to sticky it as I’m welcoming new people. Do y’all know where it’s posted?
Yes I’ve only used the site like 10 times and I’m still learning. Any info you guys can provide to succeed would be appreciated! Honestly it’s hard for me to find where I can post something new. But correct I came here to learn and not argue so I apologize again and will drop the issue.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody else just hit the emergency button and it’s not an emergency.
F33A84E7-4D79-41B2-8C47-848A346FAFE9.gif

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly are your 5 stages?

Sediment filter, Carbon filter, RO, DI. Is the typical setup, just curious what the fifth stages?

They have "two carbon" filters

---------------------------------------------------------------

Running the six-stage deluxe plus, one sediment, two 75 per day piggyback RO membranes, two carbon blocks, with two di chambers

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no offense man, and not trying to be mean, but an "Emergency" this is not. Next time ask yourself if it's life or death for your livestock before using the emergency tag, this is like going to the ER for a cold.

Can you guys drop it?

The OP is new to the hobby and needs help.

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to the OP...DI resin starts out blue and slowly turns brownish orange from the bottom of the cannister to the top as it is depleted...and your tds may rise over 1 before it has all changed color...how long this takes varies with your source water...in my case i go through a cannister of resin about every 50 gallons produced....so idk how much water you've made but it could very well be shot in a month

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take each d i canister off and make sure the filter is seated and not pinched, like i mentioned earlier, this will cause your symptoms

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back