500 Gallon Fish Only tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter misael888
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My 5 yr old in front the 500. Should be up and running in the next couple of weeks!!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1471201916.124213.jpg
What are the dimensions on that tank? That is going to be great!!!
 
That is going to be one heck of a system.
 
Is that a yellow belly dogface puffer and the yellow just came up red in the photo. I have a yellow belly. I hand feed him and he's all over me when I'm cleaning. I wory he's gonna take a bite out of my hand with those big buck teeth.

IMG_20160515_205027.jpg
 
Crosshatches are great.. They don't bother anyone.. Even the sargussum trigger in same family is super nice.. The Hawaiian blue throats are super nice.. I have a mixture of puffers, wrasses, tusk, and the pair of crosshatches.. Best combo I have had in a while....
But are they reef safe?
 
I believe the 500 gallon setup is fish only as is my tank.. Crosshatches r hit or miss with reef safe.. I know they will eat any shrimp you might have....
 
I have found that the fuscus and undulated triggers are possibly the most aggressive fish kept in aquaria. This just a warning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new