5017 controller power up problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Msteven1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i power on 3175 system and get green light and beep. Pump does not start. 10 second then both red and the green led’s blink and beeping. Disconnected pump. Same. Checked for correct power supply, good. Opened up case and put fan on board in case water got inside. Still have same problem.

Sensor issue or controller?

OP
OP
Msteven1

Msteven1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i power on 3175 system and get green light and beep. Pump does not start. 10 second then both red and the green led’s blink and beeping. Disconnected pump. Same. Checked for correct power supply, good. Opened up case and put fan on board in case water got inside. Still have same problem.

Sensor issue or controller?

Updated test. Made sure water in contact with optical sensor. Power up all 4 leds light, and a short beep. Few seconds all go out except low level red. 10 sec the green stays on, both red flash and beep on and off.
Thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the too low red is flashing and too high red is on solid, with or without the green level light (depends on water level), this is the water damage indicator. The most common water damage is caused by plugging in a wet power supply tip and the damage can be invisible until we unsolder the power socket from the board as it will be under that part. Please send it in. Please note I will be at MACNA 5-11, If I get it by the 3rd it will be repaired before I leave-
Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Be sure to include a note with return address and phone number.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Msteven1

Msteven1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks rvitko. I don't think both red are blinking, but I will check when I get home tonight. I took the unit off the tank so I can test without any interference. I also noticed that the wires going into the optical sensor are visible, leaving an opening into the sensor.
One of you posts mentioned a checklist?

I'll confirm tonight.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all comes down to what lights are on in this case as that is a diagnostic code. The checklist mainly pertains to overfilling. The opening in the cable means it is possible water wicked back to the board and the water damage will be at the sensor connection area. Too low blinking only means it timed out or the timer was erased. This should normally come on after 10 minutes and means it timed out, less than 1 minute usually means the timer was erased and that would typically be caused by a power surge or switching it off and on by another controller.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back