OP
rtparty

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What problems have you had in the cube that you won't have in a 120? I have a 2x2 cube and enjoy it quite a bit.
Much more room under the stand for a better sump. I didn't ever feel like dropping a couple hundred bucks on a custom/semi custom cube sump. I felt like no matter what I had to compromise.

Fish selection. 2 feet just isn't enough in my opinion for any real swimming type of fish. It will be nice to get a couple more wrasses since they're one of my favorite.

Cryshophytes and dinos from the use of dry rock. For almost 8 months I have battled some type of issue that stems from dead rock. While live rock tanks also see these issues, I feel like I was destined for issues from the start.

I had used dry rock in the past with little to no issues. The issues I did have resolved quickly. I also had some sort of "real" live rock to help seed everything. This time around no matter what I've added or used to try and help my situation, nothing gets better. It's just a new problem I get to fight for months on end. Started with chrysophytes, moved to cyano, then dinos and now hair algae something fierce. Cyano has also started creeping back. Add nitrate to help keep my nutrients up and the GHA almost grows as you watch. Stop dosing and N drops to 0 and cyano really starts spreading.

My favorite tanks I've kept have been 40B tanks. I loved the 36*18 ratio to work in plus the 36" opened up fish selection. I feel the 48*24 will be similar and add a lot of stability with extra water volume.

I also don't care for the 24*24 area to do rock work. I don't like the columnar look for rock.

While a lot of the issues I have can be applied only to me, there are some that are inherent to the 2 foot limit that this cube has.

Michelle G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was just wondering if this tank is still up and running? Nice build. I just got the same tank (used) and after reading some Cadlights horror stories I am a little apprehensive about going with with this tank for the long run. What are your thoughts.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back