50W heater for biocube 16?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I currently use a 75W cheap heater for my biocube 16. I just bought a Eheim Jager 50w not realizing my current is a 75W. My wife is giving me a temp controller for Christmas. I trust Eheim implicitly. But is it big enough?
 
Depends on how cold the room is. Sometimes it’s preferable to have two smaller capacity heaters so if one fails stuck on it can’t cook the tank, and if one fails stuck off the tank won’t plummet to lethal levels.

I live in FL so I only have a 100 watt heater on my 75 gallon just to add a little stability.
 
The 50w is rated up to 60 litres so I feel you're good to go (at max rated tank size) as long as the room temp is not more than 10 degrees cooler.
As Dan mentioned, it's better to have 2 smaller heaters rather than rely on 1 big unit.
 
That’s what I used in my 16 gallon BioCube. Had it in Chamber 1. My 16 gallon had exactly 12 gallons of water so it was more than enough.
 
The 50w is rated up to 60 litres so I feel you're good to go (at max rated tank size) as long as the room temp is not more than 10 degrees cooler.
As Dan mentioned, it's better to have 2 smaller heaters rather than rely on 1 big unit.
Yeah I think I’m going to run it and a smaller (footprint) 75W heater I already have in there just to be safe.
 
Depends on how cold the room is. Sometimes it’s preferable to have two smaller capacity heaters so if one fails stuck on it can’t cook the tank, and if one fails stuck off the tank won’t plummet to lethal levels.

I live in FL so I only have a 100 watt heater on my 75 gallon just to add a little stability.
So I keep my house around 68-70 degrees year round. Is a 50W not enough for this tank? Should I continue to use two heaters or just take this one back?
 
So I keep my house around 68-70 degrees year round. Is a 50W not enough for this tank? Should I continue to use two heaters or just take this one back?

68-70 room temp it should be okay. The tightly sealed lid and close to the water lights from the BioCube also contribute to keeping the tank warm.
I get the running 2 heaters point other posters are making but seems overkill for a 16 gallon. Space is normally at a premium in the small built in sump as well.
 
68-70 room temp it should be okay. The tightly sealed lid and close to the water lights from the BioCube also contribute to keeping the tank warm.
I get the running 2 heaters point other posters are making but seems overkill for a 16 gallon. Space is normally at a premium in the small built in sump as well.
I’m gonna order a 75W off Amazon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new