6 Bulb T5 Combo...What Do You Think?

infinite abyss

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
Hoffman Estates IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of heading towards the following T5 bulb combo:

4 blue plus, 1 65k, and a 1 coral plus.

Looking for MAX SPS Growth and Color

Whats your combos and how is your growth? Suggestions?
 
For my six bulb I doing the following front to back:

Blue+
Coral+
Kz Fiji purple
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+

Your gonna need a lot of blue to balance the 65k it's really yellow.

My tank is primarily SPS. My color spectrum is around 15-16k I believe
 
For my six bulb I doing the following front to back:

Blue+
Coral+
Kz Fiji purple
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+

Your gonna need a lot of blue to balance the 65k it's really yellow.

My tank is primarily SPS. My color spectrum is around 15-16k I believe

^^This! That combo will really make a nice looking tank. You could also replace of the coral + in K2parkstar's combo with another blue +. It would be much more blue, but would still look good.

Right now, I'm running a combo similar to what you mentioned. I have the following front to back.

Blue +
Purple +
Blue +
DD Geismann Midday 6000k
Blue +
Blue +

Color is very nice and crisp with this combo, IMO. I'm considering replacing the midday with a coral + to see the difference. I have one laying around here somewhere.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new