6 Line Wrasse Food

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ships
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ships

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2018
Messages
87
Reaction score
38
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a 6 Line Wrasse and he is in my QT tank. I have frozen mysis shrimp and I'm pretty sure I've seen him eating it and I know they eat brine shrimp as well as other pests that might live in a coral reef. Are there any pellets I can use to feed him a more diverse diet than just the shrimp or will the shrimp be enough?
 
I recently got a 6 Line Wrasse and he is in my QT tank. I have frozen mysis shrimp and I'm pretty sure I've seen him eating it and I know they eat brine shrimp as well as other pests that might live in a coral reef. Are there any pellets I can use to feed him a more diverse diet than just the shrimp or will the shrimp be enough?
I feed mine with new life spectrum pellets... been feeding it for years.
 
I recently got a 6 Line Wrasse and he is in my QT tank. I have frozen mysis shrimp and I'm pretty sure I've seen him eating it and I know they eat brine shrimp as well as other pests that might live in a coral reef. Are there any pellets I can use to feed him a more diverse diet than just the shrimp or will the shrimp be enough?

LRS Reef Frenzy will give it a full diverse diet in one food source. It's about all I feed my fish these days outside of Seaweed/Nori.

 
Any type of pellet food is good. I feed sustainable aquatics to mine and they eat it up. Also plus one on reef frenzy. All my fish go crazy for that. I cut the chunks smaller so they have an easier time eating it.
It may take your new wrasse a few weeks of trying pellets before he will eat them. It took mine 3 weeks of tossing them in at the same time as feeding brine shrimp before he got the idea
 
I may try to wean him onto the pellets i have and offer the frozen till then and give frozen a couple of times a week.
 
Once they are settled in you will find its likely to eat anything you give it. I feed a rotation of frozen foods plus some pellets a few times a week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new