6-line wrasse sudden disappearance?

Jacksfish2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Instagram page is Jacksreef2020 if you would like a view of my tank and why I’m concerned??? Idk ok so basically I bought a tank on Kijiji and it came with a 6-line wrasse I bought it with a 45 and upgraded to my now 65 gallon tank, I have 2 maroon clowns peaceful no aggression to the wrasse “the female can be at times” a mimic tang peaceful to everything but my goby and damsel, and those are the only things that could really match it because I know they’re “six lines are jerk fish” I also have a rainbow anemone but I don’t think that was the cause, oh and I added a leopard wrasse in and the wrasse saw eachother and were peaceful but the mimic tang chased him down into the sand so I moved the leopard wrasse into my other tank and I’ve had him in there for awhile now, could adding the wrasse into the aquarium be the problem, I was also thinking about hibernation for wrasse??? Sorry for the very long “thread” but I have to tell the whole story because I think he’s probably deeeeeeeaddddd and he’s. Not in my sump or he didn’t jump

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Jacksfish2020

Jacksfish2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Instagram page is Jacksreef2020 if you would like a view of my tank and why I’m concerned??? Idk ok so basically I bought a tank on Kijiji and it came with a 6-line wrasse I bought it with a 45 and upgraded to my now 65 gallon tank, I have 2 maroon clowns peaceful no aggression to the wrasse “the female can be at times” a mimic tang peaceful to everything but my goby and damsel, and those are the only things that could really match it because I know they’re “six lines are jerk fish” I also have a rainbow anemone but I don’t think that was the cause, oh and I added a leopard wrasse in and the wrasse saw eachother and were peaceful but the mimic tang chased him down into the sand so I moved the leopard wrasse into my other tank and I’ve had him in there for awhile now, could adding the wrasse into the aquarium be the problem, I was also thinking about hibernation for wrasse??? Sorry for the very long “thread” but I have to tell the whole story because I think he’s probably deeeeeeeaddddd and he’s. Not in my sump or he didn’t jump
He’s also been gone for at least a week so Idk

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice plug for instagram followers. :)

My 6-line went MIA for weeks at a time, I was sure it was dead, searched everywhere in and outside of the tank (I have a lid, but figured nothing is impossible) only for him to suddenly show up again to eat. They hide very well.

OP
OP
Jacksfish2020

Jacksfish2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice plug for instagram followers. :)

My 6-line went MIA for weeks at a time, I was sure it was dead, searched everywhere in and outside of the tank (I have a lid, but figured nothing is impossible) only for him to suddenly show up again to eat. They hide very well.
How bigs your aquarium and ikr but I’ve already got 3k yeah mines been gone for a week and a half now sooooo idk hope he’s not “sleeping with the fishes”

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back