6 line wrasse

Paul31733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 and have seen others posting on other groups saying they have a six line wrasse in their Evo 13.5.
What do you think about this fish in this tank? Is it cruel or is it ok?

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is way to small for a six line wrasse....not to mention it’s one of the most aggressive wrasses out there. I had small one inch one in a 50 gallon tank and after a few days it would occasionally chase other fish around.

Fonn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what tank mates you would want to have with your six line. Imo, damsels or any other aggressive fish would be the best candidates. Remember, introduce them at the same time. 13.5 gallons tank is sufficient and perfect for a single six line plus a couple of damsels. Regarding cruelty, the whole reef and fish keeping hobby is cruel in itself. As long as you love and take good care of them, then there's nothing you need to worry about.

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what tank mates you would want to have with your six line. Imo, damsels or any other aggressive fish would be the best candidates. Remember, introduce them at the same time. 13.5 gallons tank is sufficient and perfect for a single six line plus a couple of damsels. Regarding cruelty, the whole reef and fish keeping hobby is cruel in itself. As long as you love and take good care of them, then there's nothing you need to worry about.
Yea... ummm there isn’t a level of this I can say without using four letter words to disagree with basically this entire statement. I’m sorry. In another 6 line thread someone made a great analogy to keeping one in a tank like this. To paraphrase his comment, think of it as putting a fighter jet in your living room. To the comment of the entire hobby being cruel.... once again I am going to have to cage the four letter words here. There are sooooooo many of us that go sooo far out of our way to make sure our fish are happy and live LONG healthy lives! Sorry if this comes of cruel but your entire post was a bit abrasive to me. And frankly any of us that spend the time, money and effort to TRULY care for these fish!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 163 73.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back