60.3 Silver series

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I was originally looking at the platinum series but now that the silver is out I’m really interested in the 60.3. It seems to be a great price and it would be about the same dimensions of the 40 breeder I’m currently using. I would like to know if anyone here has this yet and if so could you share some unboxing videos or photos? I would like to see it from many different angles just to help me decide if this is what I’m looking for.

Also if you have it, would you say it’s worth the money, or would holding out and saving for the 75.2 platinum be a better choice?

Thanks in advance!

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I was originally looking at the platinum series but now that the silver is out I’m really interested in the 60.3. It seems to be a great price and it would be about the same dimensions of the 40 breeder I’m currently using. I would like to know if anyone here has this yet and if so could you share some unboxing videos or photos? I would like to see it from many different angles just to help me decide if this is what I’m looking for.

Also if you have it, would you say it’s worth the money, or would holding out and saving for the 75.2 platinum be a better choice?

Thanks in advance!

One question I had outstanding to WB (they were confirming with manufacturer) was the glass size. Because they list the AIO at 10mm, with the regular Silver Marine at 8mm. That surprised me and wondered if it was a typo. I would have assumed the AIO + non-AIO would have been the same.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an interesting observation. I didn’t even look at the AIO. Would that 2mm make a really big difference? I guess it would effect bowing probably? I’ve never had a rimless tank and all that I do own are pretty standard sizes. I’ve never paid much attention to the thickness of the glass.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an interesting observation. I didn’t even look at the AIO. Would that 2mm make a really big difference? I guess it would effect bowing probably? I’ve never had a rimless tank and all that I do own are pretty standard sizes. I’ve never paid much attention to the thickness of the glass.

It was more a comparison to other tanks, the Innovative Marine AIO are often 8mm while the smallest Red Sea Reefer Nano is 8mm and their 170 is 10mm.

I really like the form factor of the 60.1, just noticed if I switched from my Reefer 170 it is technically a downgrade for me, but I don't think it really makes a difference. The thinner glass + MDF (vs plywood) stands is how they make the Silver series more affordable than the Reef + Pro series, but I like the form factor of the 60.1

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the thinner glass have possible structure issues with bowing or possible busting?

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice but just wanted to clarify that the new models will not be available until around June. I saw you mentioned them being available now. :)

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question I had outstanding to WB (they were confirming with manufacturer) was the glass size. Because they list the AIO at 10mm, with the regular Silver Marine at 8mm. That surprised me and wondered if it was a typo. I would have assumed the AIO + non-AIO would have been the same.

It was a typo as all the 3 foot tanks are 10mm glass, it has been corrected :) Thank you for following up on that as we want to make sure all of our information is correct

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you could go wrong with either choice but just wanted to clarify that the new models will not be available until around June. I saw you mentioned them being available now. :)
Haha no worries. It’ll probably be close to then when I’ll have the money ;)

jpluttme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious how much of the 18" tank width the full length overflow subtracts from the actual display area on the 60.3. Thank you.

jpluttme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you'll get an official response, but I asked in another thread and was told 4"
Thank you! It looks like they're trying to compete with the Red Sea Max-E series with the in-cabinet sump option with this design. I wish they would have an option for a center overflow though, or a platinum series tank with these same dimensions, as 4" to me is a lot of reefscaping real estate lost.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How come you guys are talking about a silver marine 60.3 when on waterbox.com i only see a 60.2... anybody know whats going on?

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems they changed it. Before thy were available ( now it’s pre order only) it was listed as 60.3. I will have to check the dimensions again to help make my choice now....

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems they changed it. Before thy were available ( now it’s pre order only) it was listed as 60.3. I will have to check the dimensions again to help make my choice now....

It looks like its either 60.2 or 70.3. But the 70.3 only holds like 5 more gal in the display compared to the 60.2. The problem is that its more money :( i really want a 3 foot wide tank but i dont know if i want to spend the extra $100...

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did change the Silver Marine line up a bit from when we first released the details. There is no longer a four foot option with Silver Marine systems. The 70.3 is now the 36" model for that series

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back