OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received the elbow from BRS yesterday to complete the RODI installation. This weekend's project will be working on plumbing the tank.
IMG_8415.jpg

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got tied up with a lot of other projects since we had nice weather this weekend, so unfortunately I didn't start plumbing. Only tank related accomplishment was getting an ethernet cable ran through my crawlspace for the Apex. Should have ordered a slightly longer cable, but I think I can make it work. Pictures show the process of of adding a cable passthrough box. Finished the night with my other favorite hobby (cooking), made some smoked Pastor on the Recteq.

IMG_8431.jpeg
IMG_8432.jpeg
IMG_8434.jpeg
IMG_8435.jpeg
IMG_8436.jpeg

IMG_8437.jpeg

Triton_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Great work on the stand. I have a 60 breeder in the works as well and plan on building a stand for it as well. Like your design.

BadCrab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stand looks great - I love the built-in controller compartment.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stand is amazing! Very impressive man! Oh and I love pastor also are you in California?? Lol

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So started plumbing, but running into some issues already. I used primer on my pipe and then put medium PVC cement on my pipe end and inside the bottom of my bulkhead. Held tight for close to a minute. Once I let go I turned around and it had slid half way back out. Bulk head is ruined, going to try to find another one now. I’m guessing I just didn’t hold it long enough?
IMG_8459.jpeg

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So started plumbing, but running into some issues already. I used primer on my pipe and then put medium PVC cement on my pipe end and inside the bottom of my bulkhead. Held tight for close to a minute. Once I let go I turned around and it had slid half way back out. Bulk head is ruined, going to try to find another one now. I’m guessing I just didn’t hold it long enough?
IMG_8459.jpeg
i find for that you need transition glue pvc to abs i just build a 60g breeder and love it

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress remains slow.....and expensive. Got some plumbing parts delivered this week, set out to make some progress in that department. Was instead handed a reminder that I am awful at plumbing.

Messed up two more bulkheads today, they just want to slid out even with the transition cement. Finally got one to take properly.

Next up was preparing the point where the gate valve was supposed to attach to the sump. Made it to tall, no way to fix or correct. Wasted about $75 worth of parts. Time to order more parts and start all over again. Should have made the stand taller to make sure I had more room to pass plumbing through. Instead I will forgo the union below the valve to allow adequate room.

IMG_8491.jpeg
IMG_8490.jpeg

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also horrible at plumbing. After way to many leaks due to slightly imperfect fitment into my sump I gave up using hard plumbing for the entire run and used silicone tubing from amazon. I used hard at the overflow and installed of the gate valve, then the silicon tubing from the gate valve to the sump. While it doesn't look as nice as hard plumbi g the headaches and cost were way lower.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also horrible at plumbing. After way to many leaks due to slightly imperfect fitment into my sump I gave up using hard plumbing for the entire run and used silicone tubing from amazon. I used hard at the overflow and installed of the gate valve, then the silicon tubing from the gate valve to the sump. While it doesn't look as nice as hard plumbi g the headaches and cost were way lower.
The same thought passed through my mind today. If I finally get through this and have a bunch of leaks I may set it on fire.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same thought passed through my mind today. If I finally get through this and have a bunch of leaks I may set it on fire.
I was raging so hard when I kept running into tony leaks. Was regretting getting back into the hobby for a few weeks.

Fingers crossed you don't have any leaks.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i find primmer to make it way to soft i never use it

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing is complete, finished the return today. Attached supports to the pipes and placed some yoga mat on the stand to absorb vibration.

Plan to start playing with aqua scape this weekend, install lights, and swap outlet behind stand with a GFCI.
IMG_8527_Original.jpeg
IMG_8526_Original.jpeg
IMG_8528_Original.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back