60 gal cube flow question...

Log In

It's a little hard to tell what's going on in that sump pic, but I'd feel comfortable assuming six to seven feet of head-loss - 5' of lift + 2' for plumbing/friction loss.

According to that chart, the 3.0 in your scenario should be delivering just over 500 gph - about double the max you should need.

If you throttle the Sicce down to about 50% output* you'll save power and probably be fine with this pump.

They don't make a next-size-down from the looks of it (the 2.0 delivers only 66 gph in your scenario), so I can't suggest a better model.

* You'd have to be able to measure the actual flow to know. It's not too difficult for me to measure my drain water - YMMV.


That was someone else with the sicce. I have a mag 9.5 on it right now.
 
That was someone else with the sicce. I have a mag 9.5 on it right now.

I know...a couple other folks jumped onto your thread with semi-related questions....but now we're back! :)
 
That was someone else with the sicce. I have a mag 9.5 on it right now.

The mag 9.5 is a beast so it's probably even more overkill than the Sicce 3.0. Same applies though - if you throttle it back (will require an installed ball/gate valve) to the "correct" range, it'll save power and you'll be fine with flow. If you'd prefer to recover the pump for returning to the store or another use, then another smaller pump might be called for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new