OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's a little hard to tell what's going on in that sump pic, but I'd feel comfortable assuming six to seven feet of head-loss - 5' of lift + 2' for plumbing/friction loss.

According to that chart, the 3.0 in your scenario should be delivering just over 500 gph - about double the max you should need.

If you throttle the Sicce down to about 50% output* you'll save power and probably be fine with this pump.

They don't make a next-size-down from the looks of it (the 2.0 delivers only 66 gph in your scenario), so I can't suggest a better model.

* You'd have to be able to measure the actual flow to know. It's not too difficult for me to measure my drain water - YMMV.

That was someone else with the sicce. I have a mag 9.5 on it right now.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was someone else with the sicce. I have a mag 9.5 on it right now.

The mag 9.5 is a beast so it's probably even more overkill than the Sicce 3.0. Same applies though - if you throttle it back (will require an installed ball/gate valve) to the "correct" range, it'll save power and you'll be fine with flow. If you'd prefer to recover the pump for returning to the store or another use, then another smaller pump might be called for.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back