OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return pump is weak for my set up but I think if it was stronger i would prefer flared to help spread some of the flow. But if you need to hit a certain spot that's not getting flow jet would be perfect
I've look at some of those random flow nozzles

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return pump is weak for my set up but I think if it was stronger i would prefer flared to help spread some of the flow. But if you need to hit a certain spot that's not getting flow jet would be perfect
I've look at some of those random flow nozzles

Ah, I see. I'm interested in those random flow nozzles as well. I'm building a new cube right now, so maybe I should do that sooner than later haha.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st saltwater tank just trying to get a good start

*Tank looks fantastic
*Scape is nice with no pests
*Props for waiting 2 months. Interested in your water parameters?
*MP40 will do good if at a lower power setting given the dimensions of a 60g
*Your hard plumb is fantastic and love the 45's. Gate valves would be a nice addition. It appears you've used a Swing Check Valve or flapper of sorts maybe?
*Great skimmer and trigger emerald sump

Don't worry about the salt creep falling back into the tank as it is inert at that point.

Great job and keep up the good work and I understand it is your first salt build, but looks like you've been doing it for years with all you've done.

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I see. I'm interested in those random flow nozzles as well. I'm building a new cube right now, so maybe I should do that sooner than later haha.
if i happen to get some and try them out ill let you know how i like them

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Tank looks fantastic
*Scape is nice with no pests
*Props for waiting 2 months. Interested in your water parameters?
*MP40 will do good if at a lower power setting given the dimensions of a 60g
*Your hard plumb is fantastic and love the 45's. Gate valves would be a nice addition. It appears you've used a Swing Check Valve or flapper of sorts maybe?
*Great skimmer and trigger emerald sump

Don't worry about the salt creep falling back into the tank as it is inert at that point.

Great job and keep up the good work and I understand it is your first salt build, but looks like you've been doing it for years with all you've done.
-Thanks for all the kind words
ill be test the tank tommow ill post what i get....i have been keeping log i have a lot of lps want to make sure everyone is staying happy i am reading about kalk not looking to do anything right now but i'm sure it will becoming up soon
-mp 40 is doing great i have 2 eflex power heads in there but it doesn't seem like their doing anything but ill keep them till i replace them....im look at the gyro a lil
-i have a question on the pluming..i want to redo the pluming i want to turn my sump and add the gate valve is there a waiting period on the glue use for the pvc or can i just glue wait an hour and run water and actully no check valve yet my loc line are have a gap in one section of them it causes the siphon to break but i do plan on getting one as well
-i do love the sump im glad i invest in it

ps not the best typer lol

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Thanks for all the kind words
ill be test the tank tommow ill post what i get....i have been keeping log i have a lot of lps want to make sure everyone is staying happy i am reading about kalk not looking to do anything right now but i'm sure it will becoming up soon
-mp 40 is doing great i have 2 eflex power heads in there but it doesn't seem like their doing anything but ill keep them till i replace them....im look at the gyro a lil
-i have a question on the pluming..i want to redo the pluming i want to turn my sump and add the gate valve is there a waiting period on the glue use for the pvc or can i just glue wait an hour and run water and actully no check valve yet my loc line are have a gap in one section of them it causes the siphon to break but i do plan on getting one as well
-i do love the sump im glad i invest in it

ps not the best typer lol

Ref the plumping, everywhere one looks it says to let cure X amount of time.

IME, I cannot tell you how many I've plumbed for myself and others; let it dry for an hour and no issues ever.

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ref the plumping, everywhere one looks it says to let cure X amount of time.

IME, I cannot tell you how many I've plumbed for myself and others; let it dry for an hour and no issues ever.
cool im coming up with the plan now prob wont re-plumb untill next week

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little baby
20180704_132102.jpg

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got done with the replumbing....pic will be up it was a challenge

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
soo this was a big awaking i though i had everything cover but i was wrong....i mean it wasn't bad but i would have been a little more prepared for it. for example need more pipe than i thought also need more flex tubing then i thought....after refilling everything i didnt have enough water so had to make some plus doing it solo sucks but i know what to look out for now.. i got rid of all the 90s except for one but everything is eazier to get not now as far as filter socks and carbon also add a gate valve and its soo much better than the ball valve

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180709_180424.jpg
soooooo my gf baby sits and the kid turn my mp 40 full blast and mad a mess I'm still trying to clean and I'm missing a fish
20180709_180424.jpg
20180709_180419.jpg

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile here some updates
Planning on getting a 150 or a 120 pretty soon I did end up getting a new skimmer a vertex omega 130 and another mp 40 the pistal shrimp finally found the goby there happy digging everywhere

My candy cane coral split for the 1st time and the blasto has some coming under it
20181015_153531.jpg
20181015_153522.jpg
20181008_190105.jpg

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this today ...im in the process of upgrading from 60 to and 120...well a 110 anyway I was doing some cleaning and reach in the sump and feel a strong jolt...tinkling ....didnt think that was right hit the master power switch and starting looking....this is what I found now I'm looking for a new heater I do have a back up but just looking for 2 for the new build
20181202_155140.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this today ...im in the process of upgrading from 60 to and 120...well a 110 anyway I was doing some cleaning and reach in the sump and feel a strong jolt...tinkling ....didnt think that was right hit the master power switch and starting looking....this is what I found now I'm looking for a new heater I do have a back up but just looking for 2 for the new build
20181202_155140.jpg

Ugh, not good. How old is the heater?

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I've have Eheim Jaeger heaters and while one or two may have quit working over the years, I've never had one break. I do use an Apex so not sure if they're prone to sticking on though.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 142 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.0%
Back