60 gallon ULM Build Suggestion

Madhav

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

I am looking to build a simple system with your help. Upgrading from my 40G Breeder to something under 60 gallons with a medium bioload, lps dominated tank.
Here are few things I need help with.
1: Tank,Stand - ~60 gallon with a silent built in overflow. Only if IM made a NUVO INT 60. Also looking at Reefer 250 or XL 300 but unsure about their refugium size.
2: Sump - Most basic sump according to me is one with filter sock, skimmer chamber , larger fuge section than the skimmer and then the return.
3: LEDs - I have a kessil 360W will add 1 more mostly AI Prime HD.
4: Controller - Undecided since I want to keep things to a minimum.
5: Dosing - Planning to keep it to just All for reef.

I did watch the BRS ULM video and they recommend AIOs but cleaning the skimmers every 3 days is a no no. Definitely sold on going bare bottom.
Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.
 
I really love the look of the 60 gallon cube with corner overflow!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new