6095 x 2 or stream 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 5 foot 120g,softies,lps,which would you choose?,6095 x 2 or 1 stream 3.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never recommend a single pump system. For one it is putting all your eggs in one basket with no redundancy. Also, typically with all flow from one source the corals will grow in a "wind swept" appearance instead of a balanced round shape and detritus will pool in the one low flow area and that is avoided by alternating the flow direction. The 6095's would be best suited for your planned inhabitants.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never recommend a single pump system. For one it is putting all your eggs in one basket with no redundancy. Also, typically with all flow from one source the corals will grow in a "wind swept" appearance instead of a balanced round shape and detritus will pool in the one low flow area and that is avoided by alternating the flow direction. The 6095's would be best suited for your planned inhabitants.
Thank you sir,pretty much what I was thinking.I had 2 6095 on a 4 foot 75 some years back with an older controller that allowed me to have one running at 100%,the other at 30% alternating.Is this flow pattern possible with the newer controller that comes with the 6095?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The built in controller at most would allow one to run at 30% when the other is at 100% and switch every 10 seconds, for longer intervals you need a more advanced controller, your old controller if you still have it would work.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The built in controller at most would allow one to run at 30% when the other is at 100% and switch every 10 seconds, for longer intervals you need a more advanced controller, your old controller if you still have it would work.
Thanks Roger,yeah that's pretty much what I'm talking about, one would run at 30%the other at 100 % for 10 seconds then change,right?,would this pattern be good for softie,lps?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back