60g Cube

first coat of stain just applied

IMAG0599.jpg


IMAG0598.jpg


IMAG0597.jpg


IMAG0596.jpg


The stain was still wet in the pics. Going to go out and give it a little rub down with some 320 and apply one more coat of stain tonight. Then either sand and repeat tomorrow or sand and clear. It will be a satin finish.

M~
 
Went out and sanded it down with some steel wool. Its smooth as babies bottom. I am going to let it sit till tomorrow and put on a second coat of stain. Some of the wood soaked it up and others parts were not having it.lol. I am planning on epoxy paint on the inside. But I stained it anyways. The wife says . So I'll keep going. ;)
 
Second coat applied.

Final measurements for sump max will be 21x23
 
Just applied the first coat of clear.

:0
 
Umm pics!
 
Tonight pics.been working a lot
 
alright, phase one done for now. I still want to paint the inside but the stand is comlete otherwise.

IMAG0608.jpg


IMAG0607.jpg


IMAG0605.jpg


IMAG0604.jpg
 
it doesnt look like it but the stand its 36 in tall.
 
Thanks thought I would never get done. I can build the sump in a night. I just need to finalize measurements.
 
Looking great, the stain is awesome. Looking forward to seeing more pics.
 
thanks. I will finalize the sump this weekend and get the acrylic cut.I really like the height as its tall and will be a pain to get my hand in the bottom of it but for viewing it will be great.
 
thanks. I will finalize the sump this weekend and get the acrylic cut.I really like the height as its tall and will be a pain to get my hand in the bottom of it but for viewing it will be great.

Step stool should take care of that easily. I keep one of those small step ladders from HD for mine
 
I just ordered the acrylic today. As well as Pre ordering a AI VEGA from Premium Aquatics. starting to come together.
 
Last edited:
Nice choice in going with the Vega. I think those lights are going to be sick
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new