60g Hexagon Reef tank

alecks_h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the beginning of my journey with saltwater.. and the beginning of this tank! I have the stand and the aquarium, that's it. I want to do it right the first time, as budget friendly as possible. Now, I want to hear everyone's recommendations for a lid, light, wavemaker, and anything I need before I fill it up. Or basically what I am asking, is for you to tell me what you'd get for a 60 hex reef tank if you were to set one up. Also, if you have one, I would love inspo pics, I can barely find any. Keep in mind, I want to keep this budget friendly, but as good as possible. I'll add a pic of the tank on the stand tomorrow as it is still in my car.

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your tank dimensions? Is it like an old 60 hex tall? I think people from the freshwater side used to call them Oscar tanks.

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep a deep tank you are going to want a light that can get to the bottom if you are planning on corals. Your flow is going to be a little more tricky too since you have basically a cylinder and you will want to keep stuff out of the way for viewing. Does it have a center column for plumbing?

OP
OP
alecks_h

alecks_h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep a deep tank you are going to want a light that can get to the bottom if you are planning on corals. Your flow is going to be a little more tricky too since you have basically a cylinder and you will want to keep stuff out of the way for viewing. Does it have a center column for plumbing?
it does not. i knew this tank was going to be a little bit of a challenge but i'm here for it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back