AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my 60g I have the following:
2 ocellaris clowns
1 yellow coris wrasse (stressed by the tangs but likely still alive) (hides a bit)
1 diamond watchman goby
5 blue green chromis
1 yellow tang
1 yellow eyed kole tang
4 LPS Frags
1 rock flower anemone (the tank is 13 months old)

Do I have the room to add:
1 lawnmower blenny (to finish off hair algae)
1 aiptasia eating filefish (in case aiptasia comes back but right now its dead)
1 small fish or goby (idk like a yellow watchman goby or a clown goby or one of those gecko gobies)
Also I want to add some soft corals should I wait until the small LPS frags grow if its been 6 months or should I add them?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I have the room to add:
1 lawnmower blenny (to finish off hair algae)
1 aiptasia eating filefish (in case aiptasia comes back but right now its dead)
1 small fish or goby (idk like a yellow watchman goby or a clown goby or one of those gecko gobies)
Also I want to add some soft corals should I wait until the small LPS frags grow if its been 6 months or should I add them?

I would say your good to add the blenny, the filefish will likely nip corals so up to you, I wouldn't put another watchman goby in so maybe 2 clown gobies.
Soft corals should be safe to add since they don't effect your calcium alkalinity etc consumption

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say your good to add the blenny, the filefish will likely nip corals so up to you, I wouldn't put another watchman goby in so maybe 2 clown gobies.
Soft corals should be safe to add since they don't effect your calcium alkalinity etc consumption
I may find some small goby that is not similar and add it with the blenny to the tank. I could wait on the filefish.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the yellow watchman was different enough that I would be fine. There is no plans for this tank having sps anymore I gave up on the idea after my lps although surviving is not growing through 6 months. What small goby species should I use I am scared though bc the tangs may have killedmy yellow coris wrasse but I have many sand piles where it could be hiding.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the yellow watchman was different enough that I would be fine. There is no plans for this tank having sps anymore I gave up on the idea after my lps although surviving is not growing through 6 months. What small goby species should I use I am scared though bc the tangs may have killedmy yellow coris wrasse but I have many sand piles where it could be hiding.
The aggression wasn’t the main reason i said not to add the yellow, it was because it and the diamond would probably out compete eachother for food and both starve

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobies will happily hang out in soft corals and be happy. Mine loved my green nepthea in the past. That is a big bioload for the 60g. Tangs can cause a lot of poop. I would stick to a small fish like clown gobies to help keep bioload lower.
What softies are you thinking? Some are hard on LPS (certain ones anyway).

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobies will happily hang out in soft corals and be happy. Mine loved my green nepthea in the past. That is a big bioload for the 60g. Tangs can cause a lot of poop. I would stick to a small fish like clown gobies to help keep bioload lower.
What softies are you thinking? Some are hard on LPS (certain ones anyway).
Well the tangs won't be there forever I may pull them out eventually. I was going to put a bunch of mushroom corals in.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aggression wasn’t the main reason i said not to add the yellow, it was because it and the diamond would probably out compete eachother for food and both starve
I don't know my fish are pretty well fed. The only skinny fish are new fish for a week. My concern is aggression from my tangs although I have no confirmation my tangs likely killed my yellow coris wrasse as it has been missing for 6 weeks.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pistol shrimp/goby pair. Would not have a tank without them.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know my fish are pretty well fed. The only skinny fish are new fish for a week. My concern is aggression from my tangs although I have no confirmation my tangs likely killed my yellow coris wrasse as it has been missing for 6 weeks.
yes however watchmen gobies get most of their food from the sand bed and often won't eat mysis etc

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you train it to do so or anything and does it actively go after them?
3 days on mysis then over to pellets is what always worked with every fish for me until I had to use masstick on the kole tang.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back