6105 Eco and Apex

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tac302000
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tac302000

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
4
Location
Tacoma
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. One of my decade old 6105's has finally died. I've been controlling them via Apex. Will the new Eco version be a direct swap with the old version into Apex? If not, what is needed to get it working with Apex? Thanks for any help!

Scott
 
The cable needed is different, the DIN cable is replaced by a phono jack plug, the Apex to Kessil 0-10V cable can be used.
 
Hey rivtko, another question. I currently control 4 Tunze pumps which all have DIN connectors via the Apex VDM module. It looks like in order to use the phono connector with the Eco pump, I would have to unplug one of the dual DIN connectors from the VDM and replace it with the phono connector. If I'm doing the math correctly, I think I will be left with connections for only 3 pumps, two with DIN and one with phono. That would be less than optimal.

Are motor housing units for the old 6105's still available for purchase so that I can keep all 4 of my pumps in service? Thanks for the help!
 
I would suspect the only reason a 2 output cable does not exist as I can't see anyone wanting to separate lights on to two channels. It should be feasible to make one that has two outputs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new