65 Gallon - Measure PAR

maurocotrim

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
25
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends,

What do you think about this values?

Cheers
eb9c41db-da89-42e9-9a1e-595ba9dfadf2.jpg
 
In reference to what exactly?

The red is nice and readable..?

Jokes aside, I'm assuming you mean in terms of par values for keeping corals. Without telling us your goals, we can't really help/guide you.

General Rule of Thumb
SPS Corals 200-300 Par
Softies and LPS Corals 75-150 Par

I see most of your corals are LPS so based on that, You have a few high spots. Hammers, torches, chalices, and pectinias can all be par trained for higher par levels. IMO, the nicest hammers and torches I've seen in person were kept at 80 par. I'd turn down your lights. Lower light liking corals may struggle even around 90 par. Leathers and other softies seem to do best below 80 par in my experience but can also handle higher par at the same time. I'd say turn down your lights and error on the side of low par if softies and LPS are your goal.
 
In reference to what exactly?

The red is nice and readable..?

Jokes aside, I'm assuming you mean in terms of par values for keeping corals. Without telling us your goals, we can't really help/guide you.

General Rule of Thumb
SPS Corals 200-300 Par
Softies and LPS Corals 75-150 Par

I see most of your corals are LPS so based on that, You have a few high spots. Hammers, torches, chalices, and pectinias can all be par trained for higher par levels. IMO, the nicest hammers and torches I've seen in person were kept at 80 par. I'd turn down your lights. Lower light liking corals may struggle even around 90 par. Leathers and other softies seem to do best below 80 par in my experience but can also handle higher par at the same time. I'd say turn down your lights and error on the side of low par if softies and LPS are your goal.
Thanks for tour answer. Well my aquarium is about 4 months old só indont have any sps, just some softies like zoas ( rasta, Blue hornet and red), i have euphyllias, gonioporas, rodactis and two gorgonias, a greenstar... When i have my aquarium mature, i Will like to have some sps, but for now i just want to grow my corals, mature my aquarium... Its been a hell of 4 months to stabilize my parameters, for example my magnesium is 1290ppm, i need to raise that, phosphates are 0.17 and nitrates 18. So i need advice about the lights, to BE as perfect as possible for my corals to grow...

Lightining : 2x Maxspect L260 Blue.

Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new