65 Gallon Stocking

Dane87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a month I am finally ready to add some fish! I have 2 Phantom Clowns coming Tuesday for it and may add a Royal Granma. After that I have no idea! So that’s where you guys come in. Need some ideas! I will probably end up with a cleaner shrimp or 2 along with various snail and hermits for CUC. So fish need to be invert safe. Also I know most add a CUC first but this is the 3rd tank I’ve set up this way and worked great. Let the tank get a little dirty seems like I have better luck with inverts.

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my fire fish and bangeye cardinal. I also really like my coral beauty but she is a little risky and kind of a bully. Six lines are also a great choice.

OP
OP
D

Dane87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my fire fish and bangeye cardinal. I also really like my coral beauty but she is a little risky and kind of a bully. Six lines are also a great choice.
I have a Bangaii Cardinal and Sixline in my 90. And had a Coral Beauty. Love em all. Trying to get different stuff. But you are definitely correct, all awesome

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 65g is stocked with an Occ Clownfish pair, Orchid Dottyback, Sixline Wrasse, Lawnmower Blennie and a Yellow Tang (and before the Tang police start, yes I do know a 3’ tank is smaller than recommended for a Yellow Tang). Plus a Coral Banded Shrimp, a Sand Sifter Starfish and a Nassarius snail. And a few Turbos and Trocheas.

I plan to add at least one more fish to this, still deciding which. If I could find a McCosker’s Wrasse in Sydney Australia I would buy it in a heartbeat but sadly I don’t think we can get them. This is a mixed reef tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back