65g Mixed Reef (Hopefully Picture Intensive ;))

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready to dose once dosing pump arrives!!

C90CDC37-E538-4023-B5DB-3500BC335A04.jpeg

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an update. The display tank is not doing as well, so it had to move almost everything to the frag tank, where it is recovering nicely. I am doing a 15% WC today, but what frustrates me is that my clam is growing so well in my DT it’s amazing.

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please subscribe to this thread as it will motivate me more to post more pics and keep the tank beautiful. Also, I am looking to upgrade my frag tank to a zoomed low boy. I will be partitioning off one foot of it as an AIO sump. I’ve also found that frag tanks w/o fish do better with only a refugium instead of a skimmer. Anyways, I’m looking at T5 lights or Reefbreeders photon V2 to light it. The dimensions I will have to cover are 36+in x 24in and then the tank is 10 in deep. Is it okay for my frag tank to have different lights than my DT? Thanks

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, not a problem to have different lights on frag tank than DT. only thing is corals may change their coloring. If you have quality lighting on both, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

still having DT issues? what is "everything" in everything but the clam was suffering?

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice, yeah the DT is getting better, I’ve isolated it to a contaminate in my RO “DI” system, so I’m getting a new one during the BRS st Patrick’s day sale! Yay

Back