668 DAYS - NO WATER CHANGES ..and going strong !

Corals like dirty water. I take a cup (plastic drinking cup) of water out, and add a cup of saltwater to my tanks when I feed, and top off as needed. When I first got in years ago everything died when I changed the water so I stopped. Unless things start looking bad, or an anemone dies I don’t do water changes. I have a 75g with 2 hang in filters only. Going on 5 years now with no issues. I do keep them clean, and check my water every other week.
I’m going to guess that you don’t have a tank full of high end Acropora though…?
 
Also if you were on the team “no water changes” your corals would not have to go through this ever couple weeks… 50% ish of my coral is out of the water…
IMG_4463.jpeg
Using a Kamoer X2S-R for water changes, my water level stays constant throughout the process, so that tenuous argument is null and void…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new