675 gallon glass display / 1,100 + gallon system in LA

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
5781ab2f165a608d27935245f0c45294.jpg

Here is my awesome [emoji122] and supportive wife posing with the tank for perspective.

I mean I am in love! Bro....well done!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious how are you going to handle humidity? Your tank and home are beautiful.

Thanks so much for the compliment...

The tank inside my home has three glass lids that keeps the whole tank covered (so there should be no humidity inside the home). The fish room is another story...there is a lot of water there and all the different sumps. I have a humidity sensing exhaust fan in the fish room that pulls humid air out but I'm glad I laid tile on every inch!

b8aceb268dd34ebd3e6a77ad47d20c05.jpg

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an amazing and well thought out system. Yours is the first large tank I've seen with lids and a tiled fishroom to help handle all the humidity and air exchange challenges while keeping your living room moisture levels down. No doubt, a modern design at that.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you think the lids will be with lighting? How close will the water be to them? Will they get a film? Never seen a reef tank with lids. Just curious of your experience.

Fantastic build!!

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you think the lids will be with lighting? How close will the water be to them? Will they get a film? Never seen a reef tank with lids. Just curious of your experience.

Fantastic build!!

I've had a "smaller" 145 gallon half circle oceanic reef tank before that came with glass lids and it seemed fine with the corals...on my last tank I had 12 radios gen 3 pros on a 10' x 3' tank with no lid running at 35%...this time I've got a 9' x 4' tank with glass lids and 15 radion pros, I might just need to boost the percentage I'm running at but I think it'll be fine.
Anyone out there with experience on this matter?

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a "smaller" 145 gallon half circle oceanic reef tank before that came with glass lids and it seemed fine with the corals...on my last tank I had 12 radios gen 3 pros on a 10' x 3' tank with no lid running at 35%...this time I've got a 9' x 4' tank with glass lids and 15 radion pros, I might just need to boost the percentage I'm running at but I think it'll be fine.
Anyone out there with experience on this matter?
I'm guessing if they stay wet it'll be not as much like a diffusing film and probably less of an issue. It'll be interesting to see how your numbers are. Glass is really reflective as I understand it.

spieszak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing if they stay wet it'll be not as much like a diffusing film and probably less of an issue. It'll be interesting to see how your numbers are. Glass is really reflective as I understand it.
Highly unlikely lids will stay wet on an aquarium with overflows. Not saying it isn't possible, I've just never seen it happen.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highly unlikely lids will stay wet on an aquarium with overflows. Not saying it isn't possible, I've just never seen it happen.
I was just guessing with the humidity and small splashes that it wouldn't be a dry film.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back